Women.

Options
So .. I go to the hockey game this weekend. Thinking I am prepared for the vultures. I snuck in and out all last year because I wasn't ready to deal with the "hockey moms" after my divorce. My ex is the hockey coach.

This year .. I thought, I will just go in and sit in the bleachers like a good mom .. after all it has been over a year .. they won't even remember me or Scott or the divorce or his non-pregnant ex girlfriend he flaunted at the games. (Non-pregnant girlfriend means that he broke up with her and she faked a pregnancy to keep him).

I get there early .. pick my seat .. by myself and the women swarm. OMG Jennifer! Sooo good to see you! Blah blah blah .. ok fine, we are doing good. Halfway through the second period .. one of them starts. Sooooo .. I met Savannah (that is his exgirlfriend) .. she is a real treat eh? I thought she was like .. way out there .. but what the heck .. he seemed soooooo happy to have found her and it was so nice to see him smile and he said how much he loved her and on and on and on and on .. I'm looking at her like , REALLY .. do you not remember who you are talking to? The one who while he was flaunting her here at the hockey games i was home sobbing? You f@cking asshat. I say, politely, haha .. can we just watch our boys play hockey? Oh sure .. she says .. I'm just saying it is nice to see him happy. I snap .. well, she faked the pregnancy and now they are broken up .. please stop so I can watch the game. Did you not notice there was no baby after a year???

then another pipes in .. oh .. they broke up? Well .. he is really cute .. OMFG. Another .. yeh I guess I haven't seen her this year have I .. fu@k me.

I got up and left. What is wrong with these people??? Good lord.

Replies

• poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    So .. I go to the hockey game this weekend. Thinking I am prepared for the vultures. I snuck in and out all last year because I wasn't ready to deal with the "hockey moms" after my divorce. My ex is the hockey coach.

This year .. I thought, I will just go in and sit in the bleachers like a good mom .. after all it has been over a year .. they won't even remember me or Scott or the divorce or his non-pregnant ex girlfriend he flaunted at the games. (Non-pregnant girlfriend means that he broke up with her and she faked a pregnancy to keep him).

I get there early .. pick my seat .. by myself and the women swarm. OMG Jennifer! Sooo good to see you! Blah blah blah .. ok fine, we are doing good. Halfway through the second period .. one of them starts. Sooooo .. I met Savannah (that is his exgirlfriend) .. she is a real treat eh? I thought she was like .. way out there .. but what the heck .. he seemed soooooo happy to have found her and it was so nice to see him smile and he said how much he loved her and on and on and on and on .. I'm looking at her like , REALLY .. do you not remember who you are talking to? The one who while he was flaunting her here at the hockey games i was home sobbing? You f@cking asshat. I say, politely, haha .. can we just watch our boys play hockey? Oh sure .. she says .. I'm just saying it is nice to see him happy. I snap .. well, she faked the pregnancy and now they are broken up .. please stop so I can watch the game. Did you not notice there was no baby after a year???

then another pipes in .. oh .. they broke up? Well .. he is really cute .. OMFG. Another .. yeh I guess I haven't seen her this year have I .. fu@k me.

I got up and left. What is wrong with these people??? Good lord.

Oh boy... hockey moms... you should see them in the Hockey state, all they live for is this *kitten*. Go stand by the dads I'm sure they could careless to rumor.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear this story because you do not deserve that. People really have no consideration or filter sometimes. It's becoming more and more obvious to me lately.

:flowerforyou:
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    You have got to kidding me! That is crazy!! You did better than I would have, I would be asking people for BAIL money had I been in your place...
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I might have borrowed my sons hockey stick and ramed it up someones @$$.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options

Oh boy... hockey moms... you should see them in the Hockey state, all they live for is this *kitten*. Go stand by the dads I'm sure they could careless to rumor.

Then I would be the hockey mom *kitten* trying to steal all the dads. You may be on to something. :devil:

I am the type of person that just freezes when something shocks me .. so i was like a deer in headlights. it was crazy. After I left I did what any sane woman would do and texted my ex and told him what an @sshat he is ..lol.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    OH man. That's just.... wow. Lady, you need a pocket me to carry around, I am pretty good at putting people in their place.

Unbelievable.

Homework before next game: Practice your "Are you serious?" stare. Don't say anything. Just look at them and then look away.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I think the title of your thread is a suffiicient explanation.
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    What a bunch of vultures. "He is really cute" like your not his baby's momma sitting there. That's sickening... you did well holding your own.

What is up with women faking pregnancies to keep a man? Pure desperation in my opinion. My cousin's ex just did this to him. Pyscho! :huh:
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    wow, some people just don't know when to STFU! I honestly would have throat punched her, but you took the higher road and it's too bad you had to leave the game though. Sorry you had to go through that.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what to say. I am in complete utter shock at how stupid people can be.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

^^^ THIS! I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I'm very lucky in that my ex is 4 states away, but boy those ladies will still talk.
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Insensitive on their part, but you two are divorced. You are both going to date again so you might as well get used to it and people talking about it. It isnt going to stop.

I wouldnt let it bother me, he is your ex after all, so really who cares if and who he is sticking it too. It no longer affects you. As for the hockey moms that is going to happen. Hate to say it, but you can either avoid your kids games/events or just get over other people's nonsense.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    People suck. They NEVER think before they say stuff. I'm glad you stood your ground though. You have every right to be there watching your son as the "crows" do. I hope next time you don't feel like you have to leave!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options

This - because I would have caught a case and landed in prison for beating the crap out of someone.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I really do need someone to teach me how to respond in the moment Kits ..lol.

I just could NOT believe the way they were talking like I wasn't even there. Never would I ever never ever say things like this to someone .. especially because they KNOW how hard I took it when he left. That is enough humiliation, just them all knowing that alone .. but for them to have all met her and talked to her. It just brought me back to that time and it was awful. BUT. I got through it and I am prepared now.

You are right Will .. in theory that is all well and good.

I agree about the faked pregnancy ..lol. Who does that? i thought that was something you saw in soap operas .. not in real life. Who would want to do that to hold onto someone that doesn't want to be held on to??
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I agree about the faked pregnancy ..lol. Who does that? i thought that was something you saw in soap operas .. not in real life. Who would want to do that to hold onto someone that doesn't want to be held on to??

The only thing worse than faking is when a woman gets pregnant on purpose but says it was an accident. I know a few guys who've been trapped like that. Hell, celebs even do it. Look at the chick from Sex and the City and Tom Brady (pre- Gisele). He didn't stay, but my guess is that kid was her Hail Mary...
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

The only thing worse than faking is when a woman gets pregnant on purpose but says it was an accident. I know a few guys who've been trapped like that. Hell, celebs even do it. Look at the chick from Sex and the City and Tom Brady (pre- Gisele). He didn't stay, but my guess is that kid was her Hail Mary...

Bridget Moynahan.
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options

I dont know why everyone says in theory...it is reality. they are going to keep talking. Divorce is more common than successful marriages, so people talk and as in the case of your ex, he dated someone else and that someone was introduced into your social circle. It is the reality of the situation so it isnt just theory, it is something that is going to continue to happen and if you let it get you upset every time, you will be miserable.

Dont mean to come across as insensitive, just trying to let you know, that even though I agree they acted in poor taste, it isnt the exception that is the rule.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Sorry but that was total justification for Hockey Fighting in the stands...if anyone says anything simply say "Hey, until the pros start playing I am bringing it to the stands"

HUGS...sorry you had to deal with such STUPID INCONSIDERATE people.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

I dont know why everyone says in theory...

Because, especially when it comes to emotions, theory doesn't always translate fully to reality.