Share Your Favorite Richard Simmons Routine

Options
violet976
violet976 Posts: 310 Member
Just curious to know what routines people like best & why. Feel free to share your input on the ones you've tried, and which ones you enjoyed the most.

Replies

• rubberbiscuit
    Options
    I've just ordered my dvd's from Amazon. It says they're due to be delivered Saturday, but I won't be able to try them until Sunday or Monday. I ordered "The Complete Sweatin' to the Oldies". I'm really looking forward to trying them out. This will be fun.
  • violet976
    Options
    I can't wait to hear what you think. I really liked the first one. Got Sweatin' to the Oldies 2 & absolutely hated it. I didn't like the slower pace or the moves, & I couldn't really even figure out half of what they were doing. Personally, I think the first one was filmed better and was easier to decipher. I'll be sticking with that one for awhile.
  • rubberbiscuit
    Options
    I just checked and it hasn't shipped yet. They are still showing a delivery date of tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.
  • cydthesquid
    Options
    I think my favorite routine is Proud Mary on Sweatin to the Oldies 4. I love the song, and it's just alot of fun!
  • cydthesquid
    Options
    Sweatin 2 is definately not the best. It has the least aerobic workout, and Richard isn't his usual amusing self. I really like the other 4, though!
  • violet976
    Options
    Sweatin 2 is definately not the best. It has the least aerobic workout, and Richard isn't his usual amusing self. I really like the other 4, though!

Glad to know it's not just me with #2. I couldn't even finish it, I just turned it off. Whereas #1 I found fun, and actually did build up a sweat, so I don't feel like it's a waste to add to my routine. I've slacked off it for the past few days, as I moved to level 2 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred & it's attempting to kill me, but I'll be trying to get back into it shortly.
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've just ordered my dvd's from Amazon. It says they're due to be delivered Saturday, but I won't be able to try them until Sunday or Monday. I ordered "The Complete Sweatin' to the Oldies". I'm really looking forward to trying them out. This will be fun.

Just ordered them today....does anyone else have difficulty sometimes with the camera work? When he says something about a move, but the camera only shows the top half of body and I'm not sure what's going on with the lower half.....
  • violet976
    Options

Just ordered them today....does anyone else have difficulty sometimes with the camera work? When he says something about a move, but the camera only shows the top half of body and I'm not sure what's going on with the lower half.....

YES, THIS! Exactly my problem. It wasn't so bad on #1, I could piece most together after the first full viewing... but #2... that happened all over the place and I was just lost. I thought the same thing. It definitely needs to be full body shots at the beginning of each new move. So funny.
  • rubberbiscuit
    Options
    Ok, I finally got them yesterday.

Last night, I did STTO3, because that was the one that I used to own. It's been 20 years, but I still remembered some of the moves. I really like the songs on that one. Today, I did STTO1 and liked most of it. I didn't like that the warm-up was so long, it was 3 songs on STTO1. Some of the fancy camera work was really weird and unhelpful. I wish his cues were better. I liked the music and that it's a live band. I love that they have real people exercising with him. Some of the moves are hilarious, but fun. I like that the music is loud enough so that I can hear the beat, a lot of newer videos they seem to turn down the music so it doesn't compete too much with the instructor. Finally, the clothes were very interesting, I probably looked like that back then so I shouldn't say too much about the clothes.

Mostly, I like it and would give it a 3 out of 5 stars if I were to rate it on Amazon.
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Videos waiting on porch when I got home tonight....any recommendation as to which to start?
  • MoCrafter
    MoCrafter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like Sweating to the Oldies 3. It really gives me a good workout. My favorite song on it is Rockin' Robin. I just love the movements of this one. Least favorite is the Name Game. Hard for me to keep up with all the quick changes.

I have had Sweatin' to the Oldies 4 for a long time, but just did it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Not really crazy about most of the songs on it, but wow, it really gives me a good workout.

Sweatin' to the Oldies 1 has always been one of favorite workouts, but it is short. I do it as an add on to something else I have done.

Sweatin' to the Oldies 2, is more for when I need lots of stretching and want to use some weights. It is too slow paced to get a good sweat worked up, but I do like the weight part and mat work on it.

So, I guess I can say, I love all of them. I am going to check out at Amazon and see if there are any more of his DVDs that I might like. Glad to have found this Group.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite.....Good balance of being upbeat without being too much. It's fun and the choreography rocks.

"gimme gimme some lovin"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhZ2fYQj6IM
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just did the tone up broadway, I loved it, it was so funny. Question though, When you do his videos, what do you put for your exercise?
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    anyone here anymore? I do his 1st one and I love his 4th one as well. I do the first 1 five days a week. the 4th one I am still learning
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Dance Your Pants Off VHS! but now Party Your Pants Off on DVD. similar - to 80s music