Dumbbells only?

Options
Love2lift72
Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
I would love to start this. I have the book. I was hoping I would be able to do this all at home since I don't have a good gym close. We currently have just dumbbells. Can i do the workout with just them? I hope to get a barbell soon but even then I won't have a squat rack. Do I need to give up hope of doing it at home?

Replies

• SueMGordon
    Options
    I would be interested in this too. I don't want to do gym membership and have been offered some dumbbells to try to see if they work for me.
  • allikat819
    allikat819 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've been working with a limited gym that's available to me and only have dumbbells available. Honestly, it's not perfect, but I think it's fine.

Anywhere the book suggests you use a barbell, I just use two dumbbells.

Bottom line, it's working. I'm getting results and making gains, and I'm not having to spend a bunch on a gym membership (which is honestly not in my budget!)

Good luck ladies!
  • okidoki7
    okidoki7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    hiya, i work out at home and got through the whole of stage with dumbbells only, i now have a bar and im nearly done with stag 2, i dont have a squat rack or bench etc...and im having good enough results....improvise where you can....as pp said i not perfect but its better than nothing :)
  • Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    hiya, i work out at home and got through the whole of stage with dumbbells only, i now have a bar and im nearly done with stag 2, i dont have a squat rack or bench etc...and im having good enough results....improvise where you can....as pp said i not perfect but its better than nothing :)
    Thanks!! I am doing ChaLean Extreme now and plan on starting this when done. It looks like an amazing program..