introductions

Options
Lets tell a lil bit about ourselves and why we chose this challenge. Im 29 parent to 3 wonderful kids 5 mo old baby boy son 8 n daughter 11. I have struggle with weight for about the past 5 yrs. In high school n early 20s I was consider a skinny girl but after babies stress depression I decided to let my body go. So after my last child I decided its time to take my body back after my 6 wk chkup n got the ok to workout i join mfp in july 12 n have lost 20 lbs so far n this challenge is something i c myself able to stick wit its not goin to be a pice of cake but i know i will love the end results.

Replies

• MissKris2234
    Options
    Nice!!! Thanks for sharing :happy: !! And good job so far!
  • MissKris2234
    Options
    (This is the INTRO that I posted when we launched Fit & Fabulous Sisters on Facebook:tongue: )

“What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” …. This is the quote that I posted to Fit & Fabulous Sisters the other day because it is my favorite quote of all quotes, and that’s because I can actually relate to this quote.

Over ten years ago (Whoa… kind of scary to say that), I was playing in a college basketball game when I dribbled down the baseline, jump-stomped, then …. BOOM!!! …. I tore my ACL, and other than being maced during a police academy back in 2008, tearing my ACL was the worst pain of my life. I felt crippled, weak and above all else… worthless! Now, I know that people tear their ACLs all the time but that tear literally changed my entire world… in fact, my eyes get hot just thinking about it. Why? … you might be wondering. Well, tearing my ACL still affects to me to this day because my knee never got any better. After rehabbing, my knee just didn’t feel right and I later found out a few years later that there was no cartilage left in my knee. A few years after that, I was told that I had the knee of a 60 year-old. What?! I am only 25--- is what I thought when the doctor told me that. So one can imagine what it’s like trying to play basketball or run or jump when you have the knee of a 60 year-old. It SUCKS! I’ve cried many “woe is me” tears in frustration over this but at the end of the day, there is nothing that I can do to change what happened, and I also know that there are worse things in the world that osteoarthritis, right?

All this being said, let me back up a little bit to explain why I am even telling you Fit-N-Fabs about my knee. Let’s just say that I gained some weight after the knee injury because my whole athletic prowess that I had my entire life just basically went out the window because I was not physically capable of doing things that were so easy prior to the BIG BOOM. And, let me just tell you guys that it is SO FRUSTRATING to not be able to do activities that were easy just 6 months prior. It breaks you down mentally and you become depressed, lethargic and unmotivated. Everything you know about being physically active just changes and if you don’t have someone there motivating you or encouraging you (aka my basketball coach and teammates), your body will change…. And FAST! So, before I knew it… I was pushing 170 (around 2004). In fact, while I was working at a jewelry store in the Northpark Mall, a girl said to me…”You’ve put on a little bit of weight haven’t you?”. Excuse me!!!!! I wanted to say more, of course, but I played nice. Oh oh… and I can’t forget when someone asked me if I was pregnant. That was real sweet!

So, to sum this up…. Tearing my ACL did not kill me and it WILL NOT kill me! After my pity-party, I decided to become Fit & Fabulous; however, I modified my workouts to accommodate my knee. Rather than running like a normal, healthy person runs… I run in Kangoos that absorb the shock so that my knee isn’t full of fluid after a 2-mile jog; rather than using the treadmill, I use the stair stepper; and if my knee feels real bad, I strength-train in the weight room rather than doing cardio. There are just so many options for everybody out there, Fit-N-Fabs, and that’s what Sylvia and I are here for. To let you-all know that everyone’s story is different; however, at the end of the day, we all have a common goal--- to become Fit & Fabulous--- so why not become Fit & Fabulous together, right?

To end, I hope that you-all have enjoyed our page and our stories so far, and I want to send everyone out there prayers, high hopes, and the best inspiration possible, no matter what your circumstance is, because as the great philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche stated, “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” and stronger is what we ALL should strive for, Fit-N-Fabs!

Have a Fitabulous Day,
    ~Kris
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm momwasix and I'm 34. I had seven children six living. I started my weight loss journey in Jan of 2011 with Weight Watchers. I lost 30.Then in April my husband now exhusband decided he wanted a divorce cause i caught him cheating. I know your saying oh no he didn't oh yes girl yes he did. In may i was so depress i lost 20 more pounds. In june lost my job. July through August gain 20 back. In October lost my home had to seperated my kids and live in a hotel. Finally in November realize everything i went through was for a reason it was my season to reap the promises God said he had for me. Found a new home in Jan of 2012.I got a new job in April. Now in November of 2011 i join mfp starting at 238 .So far mfp has been a lucky charm the food library so updated my gosh. But my goal is to be 170 and size 10-12.As far as my exhusband he slow me down anyway cause he didn't know what a real man was about. Momwasix isn't done the best is yet to come.
  • kchrizzy
    kchrizzy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm I guess what many consider "middle-aged" since I'm 45 years young. A little over a year ago, I decided to become a runner. I trained with a C25k group and completed a 5K. During the process, I discovered that when I work out I feel so much better from a physical and mental standpoint. Although I was very active with cardio activities, I was at a plateau with weight loss. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to commit to eating healthier and drinking more water. I've lost 2 pounds and am prepared to have a slow but steady journey with weightloss. Carmellips06 and MissKris34, congratulations on becoming warriors for your health.
  • sweet_teemarie
    Options
    My name is Tiffany and I'm 23 years old. I had my son in Novemeber 2010 and before my pregnancy, I weighed 122lbs. All through school I weighed between 135 and 140 pounds. I gained 45 pounds from my pregnancy and I can't seem to shake it :( This is the first time in my life that I've looked in the mirror and have been unhappy with my reflection. I want to get it together but I have a problem with not seeing through my commitments to myself. With this challange, not only am I hoping to get my girlish figure back, but to prove to myself that I can overcome my procrastination and laziness so that I can grow to be a better person sooner rather than later.

With that being said, I REALLY need this support system to get through these 8 weeks. Thanks for the help guys!:drinker:
  • MissKris2234
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, ladies!!!! :smile: !!!