First 5k!

Options
Ajasper83
Ajasper83 Posts: 107 Member
My first 5k was this past Saturday and l finished in a time of 38 minutes flat. My times earlier this month were around 36 minutes, but I finished under 40 so I am ok with that! And I think I layered too much, or maybe just in the wrong order because while running I had to take off my tech shirt which was under my tshirt. It was either take the shirt off or be too hot and vomit, so I decided the shirt had to go :p

I went from doing zero running in July to having my first 5k in November and I've even signed up for a 3 race winter grand prix starting in December. I am totally surprised with myself and to those who are doing C25K for the first time and feel a little discouraged....DON'T GIVE UP!

Replies

• Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Woo hooo!! Congratulations!

I did my first one on Sunday, 37:54 so not far behind you. It had some wicked hills in the middle and I ended up walking more than I wanted to. Also started C25K in late July/early August.
  • Ajasper83
    Ajasper83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks and great time! The course I was on also had hills, which I was prepared for because I run in this park all the time. The only problem was the race went the opposite direction I thought it was and we ran up hills at the very beginning. That threw me off a little and now I know which way they run the races because I signed up for a series of them coming up :)
  • lisamariebennett
    lisamariebennett Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for posting! It helps motivate me to read about others finishing their first 5K. Mine is in 23 days!
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    Yay!! Huge congrats!!! :):)
    My first 5K's on Sunday, so reading your experience helps ease my nerves!!

Keep it up! :)
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep going!
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!!
  • MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options