Book Club Reading

Options
2»

Replies

• tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Since missmayeb has recently gotten very busy at work, I went ahead and did a random pick for the next book.

Oct. 5- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
    7201955 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for keeping us on track. I am behind due to work obligations and other work related reading, but look forward to joining back in with the next book selection.
  • tammihart
    Options
    The Oct. 19 selection is Disturbed by Kevin O'brien.

Goodreads:

A cunning killer infiltrates an upscale Seattle cul-de-sac and unleashes a reign of terror and havoc, in this riveting thriller from "New York Times"-bestselling author O'Brien ("Vicious"). Original.
  • tammihart
    Options
    The November selection is Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

Goodreads: Melinda Sordino busted an end-of-summer party by calling the cops. Now her old friends won't talk to her, and people she doesn't even know hate her from a distance. The safest place to be is alone, inside her own head. But even that's not safe. Because there's something she's trying not to think about, something about the night of the party that, if she let it in, would blow her carefully constructed disguise to smithereens. And then she would have to speak the truth. This extraordinary first novel has captured the imaginations of teenagers and adults across the country.
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    YAY! Finally one that I chose. I've already read that one so that will allow me to get caught up on all of this reading in November :smile:
  • tammihart
    Options
    The next book is Waiting for You by Susane Colasanti

Goodreads-

At the beginning of her sophomore year, Marisa is ready for a fresh start and, more importantly, a boyfriend. So when the handsome and popular Derek asks her out, Marisa thinks her long wait for happiness is over. But several bumps in the road—including her parents’ unexpected separation, a fight with her best friend, and a shocking disappointment in her relationship with Derek—test Marisa’s ability to maintain her new outlook. Only the anonymous DJ, whose underground podcasts have the school’s ear, seems to understand what Marisa is going through. But she has no idea who he is—or does she? In Waiting For You, this third romantic novel from Susane Colasanti, Marisa learns how to “be in the Now” and realizes that the love she’s been waiting for has been right in front of her all along.

That is 2 November selections

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
    Waiting for You by Susane Colasanti

I am going to jump ahead and pick 2 December selections

Christmas Shoes by Donna VanLeire
    The Christmas Wedding by James Patterson (I cheated on this one it's a holiday book I wanted to read)
  • tammihart
    Options
    I am sorry it was pointed out to me that I did not put the start dates on the book selections.

10/19- Disturbed
    11/2 Speak
    11/16- Waiting for you
    11/30- Christmas Shoes
    12/14- The Christmas Wedding
  • eriktice
    eriktice Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I may read Waiting For You. I'm skipping Speak as I couldn't find it and usually YA fiction doesn't normally interest me. I'll definitely find time to read the Christmas Wedding and Christmas Shoes.