Snack Suggestions and Recipes

Options
gse313
gse313 Posts: 252 Member
Ok... we all know we get them..... that craving for something crisp, or sweet, or creamy.

Let's help eachother out by sharing ideas we have come up with and how to make them... just let us know what catagory it falls in and, if it has (or you have given it) a name, what it's called.

If this goes well I may start a similar thread for meal ideas too.

I'll start:

Crispy -

Corn tortilla thrown into the toaster oven and toasted to medium or dark depending on desired "CRUNCH" factor. If it is salt you want (like a chip), a quick spritz of cooking spray and lightly salt before toasting.

Replies

• MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm always in need of something crunchy/crispy...

This week, I've kept a small bag of Grandma Utz's handcooked potato chip in my drawer and I reach in and get a few chips throughout the day to get that crunchy chip craving out of the way.

Last week I was having sweet cravings, so I kept a bag of Dum Dum lollipops in my drawer ~ at 20 calories a piece. :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    creamy - greek yogurt. The texture makes me think I'm eating something I shouldn't, LOL!

I love crispy/salty - but I haven't found the right solution to that yet. Looking forward to some of the answers!
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    speaking of greek yogurt- DESSERT/creamy/sweet
    yoplait or oikos makes Key Lime Pie Greek Yogurt.
    Through it into one of those Keebler ready-made mini pie crusts add a tiny plop of whipped creme and you've got yourself a mini key lime pie - and all totally burnable during a regular work-out!
  • Ivy_leaves
    Ivy_leaves Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Turkey pepperonis microwaved till crispy.
    Oven roasted dark chocolate almonds - blue diamond makes them.
    Lunch meat.
    Cucumber or celery with spreadable cheese or low carb low cal dip.
    Popcorn!
    Diet snapple peach iced tea with vodka haha.
    String cheese.
    Frozen fruit with low carb low cal yogurt blended into a smoothie .
    Reduced fat cheez its.
    Teddy bear cookies.
    Hm ya that's mostly it for me. I don't eat many carbs haha. I also enjoy turkey bacon. C:
  • kilikinilei
    kilikinilei Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is my go to snack. Jolly time makes 100 calorie snack packs for Kettle corn and butter popcorn. They are the perfect size for getting rid of a sweet (kettle corn) or just crunchy craving.

I also like the Fiber One bars the Nutty Delight is my favorite, dark chocolate and peanuts (yum) and it is only about 150 calories.

Greek Yogurt is a nice substitute for ice cream when you want something Creamy. It is so thick and creamy it makes you think you are eating desert.
  • wholelottarosa
    Options
    Tao ke noi. It's Korean seaweed chips. High in sodium but oh so good.
  • goody2shews
    goody2shews Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Popcorn almost every single night. Hot tea with splenda is my answer to just about everything. My son just bought me 16 different flavors. I am a Teavanna lover too. It curbs any craving just about.
  • Fnarkk
    Fnarkk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    For my sweet ice-cream like craving I make a grahm cracker pie crust (home-made about 70 cal per serving) and fat free cool whip (about 35 cal per serving - takes about 3 servings to fill a muffin tin) stirred with a hint of chocolate syrup (walden farms cal free chocolate syrup stirred into the mix to make a chocolate pie) and freeze it. Let stand for about 20 min before serving so it semi-defrosts or just eat it frozen like I do. Each slice is less than 200cal (about 175 cal or so). My kids and I make these in muffin tins and use different cal. free extract flavors (Chocolate, Strawberry, Blueberry, Caramel, Vanillia etc.) to flavor them (careful, too much and the cool whip goes flat). My son sprinkles cinnamon on his, my daughter likes nutmeg.

For crunch I go popcorn all the way.