Finished day 1 - not much of a challenge?

Options
Or should I just shut up and enjoy it while it lasts? :smile: I added weights and plyo where I could. I am thinking of doing cardio before this workout. Would appreciate advice from anyone who has experienced the same. Thanks!

Replies

• brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Or should I just shut up and enjoy it while it lasts? :smile: I added weights and plyo where I could. I am thinking of doing cardio before this workout. Would appreciate advice from anyone who has experienced the same. Thanks!

I was thinking that, too, but I was sore the next day after, so it was a good workout, I think. If you have time, go for the cardio :) It won't hurt.
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    don't worry it gets harder... and then harder and then harder...
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    don't worry it gets harder... and then harder and then harder...

I suspected as much :laugh: Too afraid to look ahead!
    Options
    Added 3 circuits of BFBM and also like Workout 2 better - looking "forward" to the next 88 days! :wink:
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!

I'm actually on my second round through. I started it back in March and ended up getting stalled out a few times due to neck injury and having to take time off then repeating a week to get back in the swing. I got through WO#7 and WO#8 and then had to stop because I was training for a 1/2 marathon and needed to run 4 days a week and didn't want the impact of her circuits on my off-running days. Started is again 3 weeks ago so just finished the first week of WO 3 and WO 4. Hopefully my neck will hold out this time around (it's an old car accident injury that I aggrevate from time to time) and I will finish up just in time to start serious 1/2 marathon training again.
  • azwaa
    azwaa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I found the first two dvds were barely worth doing. If you have the form down and find it to easy, skip to dvd 3 and 4. You can do an extra week on eight and nine (that is where I needed to do an extra week before moving on).
    Options
    Ok - as usual - Jillian gets the last laugh. Upped my weights, picked it up a notch and now my pecs, quads, hammies and some muscle in my upper back hurts :laugh: I should have known better!
  • healthy4heidi
    healthy4heidi Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Are you doing the jump start? You should if you aren't. The whole first month isn't too difficult, but the strength you build in the first month will help you with the last two months.

Upping the weights was a great idea. Work on form and intensity.

I am on Week 11 of 13. If you want to get scared, pop in Workout 11. You will see how much stronger you'll get by doing this program. Jillian is mean. Enjoy month 1. :wink: