gaining strength/muscle/heavy lifting

Options
Hi girls! I am currently eating mostly paleo (i love cupcakes- refuse to give those up!) and really want to focus on HIIT/CrossFit as well as gaining a lot of strength. I was wondering if you have any pointers on heavy lifting and gaining a lot of strength? Currently I've been doing about 5-8 moves (squats, RDLs, rows, etc) about 2x a week, and 3-5 sets of 5-10 reps. It works well but I'm wondering if I can improve at all? I've also looked at the StrongLifts 5x5 and that seems interesting... has anyone tried it?

Any input is welcome! Thanks!

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I've heard good things about Stronglifts 5x5. I finished the Jamie Eason LiveFit Trainer about a month ago and I learned a lot. There's lots to see at bodybuilding.com too.
  • Krissy027
    Krissy027 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've heard good things about Stronglifts 5x5. I finished the Jamie Eason LiveFit Trainer about a month ago and I learned a lot. There's lots to see at bodybuilding.com too.

DId you see good results with LiveFit? I'm currently working with a trainer, finishing up my sessions within the next month - so I'm looking for a new program...
  • careycm616
    Options
    I did LiveFit for the first 2 months, I should have finished the last month, but it was really demanding trying to keep up with the nutrition part and being at the gym for almost 2 hours a day. I did get stronger, but unfortunately didn't get to see the slim down part....