Challenge 2!

Options
Another challenge for us all to try! This one can be as easy or difficult as you make it as everyone's fitness/endurance levels are different. Remember to keep up the challenge from last week too which was to drink at least 1.5L water each day. Let's use these challenges to adopt new healthy habits which we can keep up rather than blast for a few weeks then crash and give up.

This challenge is ..... MOVE MORE!

Everyone can do this!! If you're super fit, make your run/gym session longer or more intense. If you're a beginner, set yourself a target to get your heart rate up 5 times a day, maybe star jumps/hill walking/dancing around your living room, if you're less mobile - using hand weights (or bottles of water/cans of soup!)

My Plan:

2 gym workouts a week (one body pump and one in the gym)

Walk the dog on more hilly terrain than usual!

Keep up my "never doing nothing" - squats while running the bath/boiling the kettle etc. Crunches/pelvic floor exercises while watching TV etc.

And.... at the risk of being crude... have more sex! It gets the heart rate up, is amazing for circulation and is the most fun form of cardio that I've found!

Replies

• _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Let's do this!! :)
  • fishiewishes
    fishiewishes Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Im all up for this! On Friday my physio approved me going back on walks and to the gym as long as I take it easy. Cant afford gym right now so my plan is.....

Get off the bus a few stops earlier (going to be getting the bus half way to town then walking the rest for now so its at least a mile, just avoids the hardest bit of the walk for me). Ive not exercised since August because of my leg injury so this will be a nice way to slowly get myself back into it.

Will have to see if hubby is up for the more sex part ;)
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Funny, this week I planned to start back to walking, haven't been able to do a lot of cardio and what I have done has been modified because I broke one of my toes (in two places... plus sprained the tendon), but it's starting to cooperate again so I thought I would see how far I can go walking to get back into it before my toe gets cranky, hopefully by the beginning of the new year (cannot believe that I'm saying that!) toe will be happy enough that I can start mixing in my jogging again.
  • Stella2070
    Stella2070 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this challenge! I tend to fall off the wagon and when I miss one workout, it is all downhill from there. Got the flu about three weeks ago and could not workout the week I had the flu. The two weeks following my recovery??? Just didn't bother to workout. Fell back into my old habits. So, my task to meet this challenge is to get back to my love\hate affair with the elliptical at my local gym. Before getting sick I ran it every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for 30 minutes. I pledge to do pick that up starting TODAY! Hopefully this challenge will make me accountable!
  • BrightonBelle
    BrightonBelle Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Doing anything that's more than you would usually do will make some difference! Even just clenching your butt muscles for 2 sets of 20 or giving yourself some good stretching exercises every morning!

Good luck everyone! Stay well hydrated and move around as much as you can :)
  • christyrussell2
    christyrussell2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Great Challenge Idea - I do weight training on Tues & Thurs. I added an extra set of reps to my exercises today & will do it again on Thurs.

:heart: Christy
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Great challenge! I went running for 3 miles last night, circuit training this morning and will be at the gym fri/sat/sun for a workout. Gotta keep moving :drinker:
  • fearlesskcl
    fearlesskcl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Love these mini challenges!
    I plan to commit to working out 4x a week and to push harder!
  • brandiseagroves
    brandiseagroves Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love this one
    I will hit the gym at least 3 times a week...for an hour
    take dog for more walks....
    run and play with my 7 year old....

I am down with the more sex plan....:) I will def be working on that one

I like your never do nothing plan...I will try that too. I bet you burn a ton of calories with those short spurts of exercise...great idea