Intro

Options
scarlet331
scarlet331 Posts: 42 Member
Hi, I am a married 33 yr old and a cosmetology student so basically my life is all chaotic at times. I've been diagnosed with PCOS(which is a female hormone condition) since 2006.. I had tried everything from low carb, low sugar, high fiber and I keep falling off the wagon and binge eat. My main weakness is anything sweet and I've been trying to eliminate that since last week. . I do not have no children or supporting family members who understand my condition(except my husband) so I have to do this alone I've been up and down with my weight all my life and at the stage of my life right now, I am currently the heaviest I've been and when I am bored, I usually go stuff my face, which I am tired of doing. . Im tired of being the "fat girl" in my class and I want to control my PCOS symptoms so I can conceive my 1st child. I've been on and off here throughout the summer and I had some encouragement but I went away and now I realize I need the extra support to kick this condition where it belongs and to finally get healthy. I hope to talk to you soon.

Replies

• diana_marie8302
    diana_marie8302 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I have struggled with my weight my whole life. I was a size 16 for much of that time and I'm finally a size 12, with hopes of some day a size 10. Since June, when I hit my first goal weight, I have lost a lot of motivation and even put back on a few pounds. One thing I can suggest, even though I'm no expert, and it might vary from person to person, is not to completely deprive yourself or tell yourself you can NEVER have something again, otherwise you will binge and feel even worse. Don't be so hard on yourself. Learn from your mistakes and the mistakes of others who have been and are in your shoes. If you want some chocolate, have a piece, just don't have the whole bag of fun size halloween candy bars. If you want ice cream or chips or whatever, find healthier options. Soon your tastebuds (ok, your brain) will find those just as yummy and if you give up the really bad stuff, your body/brain won't crave them as much, if at all. I was a pasta lover, still am, but I gave it up for a few months and slowly started integrating it back into my regular diet and find I can take it or leave it now. I don't crave it like I did before. My downfall is that I don't exercise and I know if I did, I could get to a size 10 and lose the 5 pounds I put back on. Somehow I need to overcome that hurdle. Take it one step at a time. Don't overwhelm yourself with you have to change everything right now or else. That's just self-defeating. Try changing from white pasta and bread to whole wheat. Try changing from 2% milk to 1%, as an example. Cut out the calories as far as soda and juice and what not. If you want, add me and we can help each other get motivated :)
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Here we are!
    Yes hang in there. Or here. :0

Remember this, it's one day at a time.
    I'm a binger myself, with occassional purging. I was diagnosed with some disorders a few years back. The first step there is accepting ourselves and not letting ourselves "be the disorder."
    It's just part of who you are and you work around it. Like a person who can't wear orange because it makes them look dead.

It's also one step at a time. I agree with what diana up there says.
    I'll send a add request. I do OK most of the time but hell, my last binge was less than 10 days ago.
    Maybe having support on here would be helpful... xx