Who's going to be logging over Xmas & New Year??

Options
I have decided that I'm not going to log on xmas & news year day. Apart from having all my MFP peeps thinking they have befriended a raging alcoholic I think it would be nice to have a few days off.
What will you guys be doing?

Replies

• tr33p1g
    Options
    I'll log every last bit of food and probably leave out the alcohol.
  • noojim
    noojim Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I won't be logging over a few days, even though I might be tempted to. It's partly part of my "no obsessing!" rule (ex eating disorder here), partly because we have a deal not to spend the holidays tied to computers and/or phones, but concentrate on doing stuff together instead.

I'll be more or less sticking with low carb foods, though, and no booze.
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Logging up until Christmas Eve, then a couple of days off, back on the 'wagon' the day after Boxing Day I think (will be at work again then too).

This could of course go completely out of the window once the first bottle of wine has been opened; we'll have been working seven days a week for about six weeks by that point :laugh:
  • kbfref
    kbfref Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Think I won't be able to help myself, will log it all and mourn the gain, lol.
  • pboroaddick
    pboroaddick Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I will enjoy Christmas, log as best I can so I know what a bad boy I have been but will not be obsessed in keeping down my calories over the festive period. A few days excess can be sorted out with a bit of effort in the New Year.

In my opinion it is the parties and meals in the run up to Christmas that does the damage. My plan is to up the exercise during that period then I think if you can get up to Christmas in reasonable shape you shouldn't worry too much.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'll put myself on maintenance but will be interested to see how much I go over by (although looks like it will be a quieter Christmas than usual)... and usually by Boxing day I am over the stuffing of my face and need a lay off from the drinking!
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Iv been thinking this over and over I started on moday so I think I may log just to see how im doing I know ill be going over but if I log then it will keep me in check and hopfully I wont eat and drink as much as I would have if I didnt log.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    we're going to my parents for a few days so it's harder to keep track when someone else is in contorl of the menus!

I think I'll give myself a few days off.
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    I logged everything last year and it was the first time EVER that I didn't gain weight. I usually put on at least half a stone so it was wonderful to start the year without the extra pounds to deal with.

I put myself on maintenance from mid December until New Year and had a bit of everything I wanted - filling in my diary stopped it turning into a binge fest that would have lasted well into January (the pre MFP norm!).
  • jessiex21
    jessiex21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I logged everything last year and it was the first time EVER that I didn't gain weight. I usually put on at least half a stone so it was wonderful to start the year without the extra pounds to deal with.

I put myself on maintenance from mid December until New Year and had a bit of everything I wanted - filling in my diary stopped it turning into a binge fest that would have lasted well into January (the pre MFP norm!).

Well I hadnt even thought that far ahead, but really like the idea of going for maintenance in the run up to and over Christmas. Thanks very much for the idea :)
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I will log on, but not count the calories, just bung up some "quick add" random number in the thousands and go no back to normal
  • cayman07
    cayman07 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Not considered it, till this post :-) but will relax my daily calories target and see how close I get but intend to log what I eat, as over the weeks I may well be able to maintain a decent average and also intend on mitigate it to a degree with some walks.
  • lpdlaura
    lpdlaura Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Intend to eat well but be sensible as making real progress at long last with the weight lost , I will log everything but may give myself some extra calories Christmas day
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to log, but my plan is to eat at maintenance for the whole of December as I know thre will be lots of food and not much opportunity for exercise.

I just want to lose another 4lbs and get down to 12 stone before the start of December first.
  • NerdyBirdy247
    Options
    Im going to log every day over the christmas period appart from Christmas Day and im even going to do my TurboFire if i get a spare half hour while the Turkey is cooking :)

**Although we shall see on Christmas Day when the choccies and Yummy Roast Potatos are SCREAMING my name xx
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Will log it all but not worry too much about going over :)
  • traceygl1967
    traceygl1967 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I will probably put myself on maintenance for about a week
    And try really hard not to go over. I am teetotal so don't have to worry
    About booze but it's the goodies that get me every time :/
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Still not quite decided it will be either stop logging or log and see how much I actually do consume over the period. Unfortunately Chrismas events for us start with several bis events from 13 December...alcohol will not help though my tolerance of it much reduced since mfp reductions!
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    No idea.....i might pop on and say hello, not sure if i'll be bothered to weigh everything, if i don't then i probably won't log.
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    I think I'm going to log what I can while aiming for maintenance amount of calories. On Christmas Day though I'm off with family and my aunt is cooking, so obviously I'm not going to know exactly what goes into her food, and I can't exactly weigh it to find out how much I've had! So I'll either pick a random item out of the database that sounds roughly like what I've had, or I'll forget entirely, depending on whether I get nominated to drive or if I can drink all the wine I like :D the same probably goes for all the family food-related occasions while I'm home for the holidays.

As for New Years' Eve, let's be honest if I go out there is no point in logging, I'll be way over, and I probably won't know what I actually drank or how much of it!