Starting 90 days challenge metamorphosis - Please join!

Options
Isatryli
Isatryli Posts: 76 Member
Hi Tracy Anderson's lovers!

I'm a fitness addict but my goals change recently. I want a feminine body without the bulk.
All my old workout were bulking me and I was not pleased by the results.

Hopefully I tried again my dance cardio 2008 and feel very well. I remember of having hear from Metamorphosis so I ordered i

Day 1 : 7th October 2012
Final day should be : 8th January 2013

I wish I could already be there!

I'm doing Dance cardio 2008 instead of the cardio of Meta because I burn 150 more calories with this old well known cardio and I enjoy it cause I really knows the moves!
The Transform disc is hard. The legs lifts are just difficult. I used to workout a lot but I still struggle with those lifts on day 4!!! Hope I could finish the 10 days doing all the repetitions without stopping!

I'm not doing the diet and diet is my biggest issue. I was used to workout and just fill in all the calories I've hardly burned by eating too much cookies!
I'm on my way to change that and I'm sure that I could succeed with a little help!

Please feel free to join the 90 days TAM new challenge. It would be very great!!!!!

Wish you the best!

Replies

• Isatryli
    Options
    No Tracy Anderson followers???
    I've seen some topics there that helped me to stay on track. Tracy Anderson's lovers, where are you???:sad:
  • lashwish
    Options
    i was looking into TA after a 4 yr break from her but I think Im going to have to stick with mat, dance cardio & post preggo for now...
    I would like to try abcentric but I dont want to neglect the rest of my body, also I do really have time for 90mns of exercise/day

I did love/hate the wo when I did them, hey are tough. I am in better shape now though so Im curious if they are easier for me now.
  • jrichelle
    jrichelle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my Omnicentric today. I modifying though because I don't really like her cardio so I'll get my cardio from zumba or Brazilian butt lift and just do the toning from Tracy.
  • Isatryli
    Options
    Thank you to be there!

@Iashwish
    It's good to follow your own program. I was introduce to TA before and I've experienced her other DVD but I have to say that Meta is different. When I finished the cardio combined with this mat workout I feel inside like I never before. So I'm happy to decide to buy the Meta. And the other thing is that the change of mat workout every 10 days forces the body to change very quiclkly.
    Instead of all my workouts (zumba, jillian michaels, beachbody,...) I NEVER noticed my body become stronger and stronger so quickly! I feel strong mentaly to and it helps a lot for other parts of my life.

@jrichelle
    Welcome! I'm Omnicentric too. The level 1 was a little bit strange for me and I HATE the cardio in first place. But I give another try as I found that I'm so much sweating and losing calories during 30 minutes of this as I'm burning in 30 minutes of another cardio!
    And finally, when you know the steps, you feel light, happy at the end! It's a challenge and other cardio as zumba or others one seems too easy for me now....I've not try Brazilian butt lift but you have to follow what better suit you. From my experience, maybe should it be fine if you give another try to the cardio of Tracy to see what happen ;)
    How do you find the mat part? Especially the leg lifts?
  • lashwish
    Options
    thx for the info...im going to fit in some TA wos & see what happens
    I do recall from the past that I saw big changes fast but Im coming off of Chalene Extreme, I tried p90x but it was too much for my knees & I'm trying RevAbs now but Im not in love with it.

My abs are my weakest point now & need the most work...If you chose a wo other than omni are you hitting everything though? its not all stuff related to that particular area right?
  • demrymccoy
    Options
    I started the 90 day challenge yesterday I'm doing the Omnicentric one. I am not sure if I can do the dance cardio everyday thats a lot of jumping but I'm hoping I can get through it easier and easier every day :)
  • Isatryli
    Options
    thx for the info...im going to fit in some TA wos & see what happens
    I do recall from the past that I saw big changes fast but Im coming off of Chalene Extreme, I tried p90x but it was too much for my knees & I'm trying RevAbs now but Im not in love with it.

My abs are my weakest point now & need the most work...If you chose a wo other than omni are you hitting everything though? its not all stuff related to that particular area right?

I'm into TA Meta for 11 days only but I wasn't satisfied by the results on my abs. I'm doing Omnicentric which works all your body parts. As I wasn't satisfied I added Jillian Michaels 6 weeks 6 packs. Oh boy! I'm doing 1 hour TAM + 30 mn jllian michaels 6 days per week and the results on my stomach are really good. Todayn, eveyone's noticed the change and I've asked me what I was doing to have a so smaller waist. The waist was my biggest issue so I can tell you that if you're enough dedicated to this workout 6 weeks 6 packs will do the job for your abs.
  • Isatryli
    Options
    I started the 90 day challenge yesterday I'm doing the Omnicentric one. I am not sure if I can do the dance cardio everyday thats a lot of jumping but I'm hoping I can get through it easier and easier every day :)

Welcome to Omnicentric!!
    At beginning, dace cardio is really really hard. As you have jumped, try to do step touch or move and have fun the other day. The key is to move EVERY DAY. A lot of stretches is good to add at the end of your TA workout. Sh'es not stretches enough on her dvd.
    You can try to do the cardio one day and rest the other day and so on until you find yourself able to do so. But remember to push yourself a little bit as it's when the results will come faster

After few weeks you will be amazed to see jump everywhere without feeling any pain and asking for more :tongue:
    Actually I'm adding Jillian Michaels workout to TA every day (I wasn't able to do Jillian Michaels alone every day 2 months ago

Don't hesitate to add me as I can help you go trough this 90 day challenge! And you could help too (I'm on level2 day 1 ans it's really HARD!!! Ouch!!!:sick:
  • lashwish
    Options
    OK, maybe Ill revisit 6w6p...last time i tried I wasnt strong enough yet, as I have leftover pregnancy related issues that prevented me from doing planks, but RevAbs has planks & *knock knock* I was OK after/during them the other nite.

I'm definitely dedicated enough to do it but with 3 wee ones I only wo at nite so I def cant do all the stuff you're doing!! :)

Ya I was thinking I would do Omni if I do Meta
  • Isatryli
    Options
    You're right to do exercise you can handle! The most important is to be able to do it regulary.
    Each exercise is a good thing for the body and the most important for you and all of us is to succeed in having a routine on a regular basis.
    Today is my rest day. Level 2 of Omni is HARD AS HELL!!!
    My butt is hurting a lot and my hips too.

My tummy is in a very good shape too! Just can't imagine wher I'll be at the end! xx
  • Isatryli
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Finally, after 10 days, seems that I need to do something different before coming back to Tracy Anderson.
    I'll let you know when I'll be again in for the 90 days!!!!

Keep the good work!

Isa
  • meandiet
    meandiet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WEEK 1:

Hi! Good to see others on this program! I just started this DVD set. I am following both the exercise AND the diet.

Today is day 4. Yesterday my calves were killing me. The pain is less today, but still present.

The cardio isn't too bad for me. I am experiencing the same frustration with Tracy Anderson's routine as I have with other workouts. I have never ever been able to follow the first steps of any workout DVD. As soon as the instructor changes the moves, it takes about 4 counts to get back in step. It just takes a little time and repetition to become familiar with the moves; the steps become easier to anticipate the more times you do the cardio. Since I'll be doing the cardio for 90 days, I don't really fear losing my pace with her. I figure I can be four counts behind her, and just imagine myself dancing in a rave doing the same sort of feet shufflin' and some arm flailing.

The workout is okay. I fear I will have rough, elephant knees after the week is done. Don't like that. And I can't do the leg lifts without resting here and there. Sorry. I really don't care to improve my buns anyhow. Genetics have made them the lifeless flaps that they are, and you know what? I have embraced them.

The diet. Yup. Not the best tastin' stuff. Here are some modifications in case anyone might want some suggestions on how to make this stuff a little better. Everyone's taste is a little different, I know, but here's what worked for me:

:indifferent: Power Juice:
    I throw in a full apple rather than a half to make it tastier. Also, blending this with a blender is NOT a good idea. It must be juiced with a juice machine or you'll have 3x as much volume with fiber to drink down. Drinking it with a straw keeps the juice from flooding my entire mouth and also keep my teeth from staining with the beet.

:smile: Blueberry Applesauce:
    I use Fuji apples for a sweeter sauce. I tried grannysmith and it produced a much tarter applesauce. I figure I can use as much sweetness as I can get with this diet. I core, skin, and CHOP the apples before steaming. I also steamed my blueberries ten minutes before I think the apples are done. She doesn't say how long to steam these things! Don't go steaming the blueberries as long as you do the apples. They melt and cause a mess. Also, I puree the mixture super well.

:grumble: Sweet Potato Corn Pudding:
    Among my 3 least favorite meals. I decided not to puree any of it. I'm just baking my corn and sweet potatoes separately and eating them separately. Okinawan purple sweet potatoes are much better tasting; so I will use those. They're hard to find though. A japanese store MIGHT carry them. Also, the longer and thinner your potato, the sweeter it is after it's baked.

:mad: Carrot Parsnip Puree:
    This is the worst meal of them all. It tastes like bile. I just eat half the serving. There's no helping this recipe.

:grumble: Gazpacho:
    This is among the three least favorite of mine. It's sooo bitter and bland. Today I used vine-ripened tomatoes instead of roma, cut the tomatoes in half and removed the seeds (according to Nadia G. in her *****in Kitchin, them seeds are bitter!). I also used double the amount of red onion and roasted it with the tomatoes. After removing the skins of the roasted tomato (easy to do after roasting), I pureed the tomato and onion together, and then afterward, chopped and added the remaining ingredients. It tasted much less bitter. It isn't great, but it is a little better.

:smile: Veggie Protein Soup:
    Hey! This stuff's allright!

:love: Chocolate Pudding:
    Where oh where do I find chestnuts right now? I went to Ralphs', Vons, Trader Joes, Clarks, Sprouts, Stater Bros....Nobody has chestnuts right now (end of October). Oh! "It's seasonal," they all say. Doesn't help me. SOOOO... I got hazelnut butter from Clark's. Hazelnuts LOOK a lot like chestnuts. Oh baby. Nice combo. I know, I'm supposed to substitute the chestnuts with blueberries or strawberries if I'm allergic to chestnuts. Tough titties. The hazelnuts are killer! I did order chestnuts from ebay for the next batch in two weeks. I got a jar of Chestnut puree, and a bag of roasted chestnuts ready-to-eat. We'll see how these turn out.
  • meandiet
    Options
    DAYS 10-20:

6lbs lost so far

Cardio: Much easier now. Easier to follow and I can complete it with full effort without stopping. (By the way, it took about 6 days after starting the program to finally not feel the post-exercise soreness and stiffness.)

MuscularWorkout: I like the faster pace. I still can't complete all the workouts. I am seeing toning happening all over my body. I find this set of workouts easier than the first for some reason.

Food Days 7-13:
    The second food week included the eggs & raspberries for breakfast, a Thinkthin bar for lunch, and Chicken w/Avocado Tomato and Cucumber for dinner. This has been ok, but I got extremely hungry and cheated with an extra Kashi GoLean Crunchy every night. I didn't see any loss in weight because of it. I regret that. I would suggest not cheating. (I wonder if we can swap the turkey bacon with the chicken. Turkey bacon would be awesome with avocado.)

Wine: So Tracy says I can have a glass of wine for 3 nights a week. I went to a family gettogether on Sunday and thought I could afford to have TWO glasses of wine. BIG MISTAKE. I didn't feel a "head change" with the wine (that's the only reason I would drink in the first place.) After the second glass I relaxed for half an hour and all of a sudden I started feeling nauseous. I went home and threw up all of the meals I had with the wine. Since that day, I have had no weight loss. I won't be having any wine at all for the rest of the program.

Food Days 14-21:
    I started the 3rd course of meals. Thank goodness the carrot parsnip and potato corn aren't in this batch of recipes. Phew! I started buying the blueberry applesauce from the store premade (no sugar added.) That's saved me a ton of time. What is new:

:indifferent: Turkey Spinach Crumble:
    This is okay. I think I may have added too many or too large basil leaves. Next time I'll take it easy on the basil.

:love: Waldorf Salad:
    Ooh so yummy. I sliced grilled chicken by hand into 2"x2"x1/8" pieces and ground up the fennel and cumin and sprinkled it onto the sliced pieces. I also halved the grapes and coarsely chopped the chestnuts. So good this way. I enjoy this as much as I do the pudding.

:love: Chili:
    This is good too. I stuck to the recipe. I would love to pour some salt into this. Without salt, it's still really good. I even shared this chili with a friend who is not on any diet. They really liked it.

:indifferent: Veggie Snacks:
    When I think "snacks" I think yummy. Veggie snacks are not yummy. I only have one veggie snack.

So that's my update. No more extra Kashi bars for me. No wine. I hope next week will be better for weight loss; days 1-10 were so much better.
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks for updating us on your progress. I'm planning to start metamorphosis in the new year after a failed attemp earlier this year. I'm glad to read that it does get easier!!
  • FaithNHealth
    FaithNHealth Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I ordered and am just waiting to receive it! I can't wait, I need something new in my daily workout. I'm a bit nervous about wrist and back pain, that's the negatives i've been reading about the workout. Otherwise, the lifted butt and toned arms & arms sound great! I am actually looking forward to the crazy dance cardio workout that I hear is very confusing. I think it might be more my style!

Anyway, hope to learn more in this group!
  • LeeLee1975
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I started omni on 11/14. Over the past several years I went from 130lbs. to 200+,it's about time to do something about it I's say, this work out is crazy hard when you are not in shape at all but im hanging in there. Im not doing the diet, dont have enough time to make all that baby food, but im sticking to my own. I had the flu over Thanksgiving so I had to rest a few days but Im ready to go now. A couple years ago I did some of the videos of hers on youtube and I ended up loosing 20lbs. so it works, it's just staying motivated. But hey, thats what this is for! We can do it! Good luck everyone, and keep it up!

Lee Ann
  • meandiet
    Options
    Days 22-41 (Diet weeks 4&5):

3 lbs.+ Weight Gain. :devil: I have been a bad girl.

So, Thanksgiving was a big struggle for my diet and exercise. I prepared all my food for week 5 and ate maybe 2 days of it. I worked out a measly 2 days out of my week. I had delicious turkey and stuffing, went out with friends, had red wine and chicken tenders. Well, the scale has shown me how badly I failed: I went up 3 lbs. Darn it.

I got back on the diet yesterday and quickly lost 1 pound overnight. Now that it is week 6 for me, I have a lot of making up to do. That Thanksgiving blowout is making the meals seem so small. Just yesterday I cheated with a leftover pudding, cadbury chocolate, pretzel sticks, and salami. Still with one pound lost last night, hey, it was worth it. Ah well, no cheating today. I told myself I'd have to confess to the world if I cheat this week. So if I keep off this forum, I'm doing allright.

So for Week 5's new recipes:

:smile: Turkey Spinach Crumble:
    Doh! In the previous week, I mentioned that this was just ok of a meal. I failed to read in the recipe that I should cook the veggies with the turkey. I did that and low and behold! It was kind of yummy.

:indifferent: Veggie Snack +1/2 cup Jicama
    This meal is still plain to me with the jicama.

:mad: Roasted Veggie Purée
    Slime city. This is a slimy yucky meal. There's no chewing necessary. You just have to swallow it.

Chestnuts: Here's my warning to whomever thinks finding fresh chestnuts and then roasting them yourself is a good idea. Don't do it. Just buy em preroasted and in a bag. Ebay usually has someone selling them this way.

I must say that the labor involved with cooking these meals is only a one-day ordeal if done right. It takes just a few hours that first day of the week to make everything. Since I portion my meals out in disposable styrofoam containers, meals are a breeze. I just pluck what I want out of the fridge and that's it. So for 6 whole days, I don't have to put out any effort for my meals. Plus, I think this has really kept me from cheating even more than I have been.

The cardio is even easier now for me. I am flying through that half hour. In fact I fly through the entire workout until I get to the butt and thigh portion of the workout. I still can't complete those. I have to rest.

So there's my update. I hope I don't have to come back to this forum this week to rat on myself for cheating. Good luck everyone!
  • meandiet
    Options
    I am so lame. I totally cheated yesterday and the night before. I snacked on salami, pretzels, and chocolate at night AND I didn't work out. Body Reset Weeks are really difficult for me. I get soooo hungry, and I lose the ambition I need to workout. Luckily I didn't gain any weight.

GOAL for tonight: No more eating. I will drink a glass of water and then brush my teeth if I get hungry.
    GOAL for tomorrow morning: Exercise. I am wearing my workout gear, including my sports bra, to bed. I will wake up at 5 in the morning. No chickening out.
  • smp4463
    smp4463 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    day 5 in.. I like this exercise its hard but yet low impact.. Hope everyone feels the burn:flowerforyou:
  • meandiet
    Options
    Yay, smp4463! Glad to see another trooper on board!

I gotta admit, I see a significant drop in weight if I don't cheat. This plan works. I dropped 1.8 lbs. of my Thanksgiving weight gain this morning, my reward for not cheating. When I see that weight drop, my excitement and ambition returns. Good job, me!

Out of habit I'm wearing my pajamas right now, but I'm gonna change to my workout gear for bed-e-byes. Workout gear got my butt to work out this morning.

Today I packaged my weekly meals. I love that Waldorf salad (sliced, rather than food processed). Veggie Snacks and Fruit Puree are not touching that food processor either. I tend to enjoy my food with texture. So another week's worth of food is ready to go!