Any Goals Before the New Year?

Options
I know my American friends have Thanksgiving soon, and then there is Christmas just around the corner (for those of us who celebrate it).

Normally people start their weight loss goals AFTER, in the New Year but I have a goal that I'm intending on sticking with before or by the New Year.

Right now I'm at 308lbs. I haven't been under 300lbs in over 10 years. Before the New Year, I would like to reach 290lbs.

Does any one else have goals they'd like to reach or stick to before the New Year?

Replies

• SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My goal is to hit 289 by New Year's.

CW: 306
    GW: 289
    Pounds to lose: 17

Let's do this!
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be at 100 pounds lost by the New Year. Coincidentally that would be the weight I was when I first weighed in for College Football back in 1996 330 lbs.

Only 14 pounds to go!

One day at a time, one choice at a time, one nibble at a time!
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    Yes, we CAN do this! I have 18lbs to lose, so time to not give up and hit the cardio.

Wow, John that is amazing - I hope we can all help each other out to get to our goals.
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 20lbs by 1/3/2013.

Good luck every1 !!!!!!
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    oh this is so awesome Each one of you CAN meet these goals and YES we can do it together
    I made a goal for the BL challenge but lost the link to the data sheet and don't remember what it is lol.
    I would like to be 320 by Jan 1 but I am not sure it will happen I am working real hard but tomorrow is weigh in for me so I'll see where I am at.

RaNae
  • lovingvampiress
    lovingvampiress Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    By New Years Id like to be down another 27 pounds. Doing good so far, Loosing about 2 to 3 pounds a week. Already Modified Thanksgiving dinner so not cooking much food and Noooo Baked goods at all...."Very proud of myself today" :-)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Be under 300 would be nice for me as well.
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    By the first, I'd love to be under 360!
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be 50 pounds down by Christmas (almost there) and 55-60 pounds down by New Year's. :)
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    Well done so far, every one! I love these goals :)
  • EweCreekCottage
    Options
    I am revising since it took so long to break my stall when I switched from my unhealthy calorie set of 1000 to MFP's suggested calorie set of 1750 so my goal is to be at 328 by Jan 1 that would be 10 lbs between now and then and I haven't been under 330 since the first Sex In The City Movie came out then I weighed 304 that was May of 2008
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 20lbs by 1/3/2013.

Good luck every1 !!!!!!

STATUS REPORT:

I am half way to my 1/3/2013 goal. I have 10.2lbs to go ...YAY!!!

Hope every1 had a great Thanksgiving!

Angela
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    Congrats, Angela!
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Jumping in a little late. On my birthday (sept 29), I had set a goal of being down 50 pounds total by the end of the year. At the time, I was at 36 pounds lost (I had just made the goal I had set for my birthday of being 35 pounds down). As of last Tuesday, I have already met my end of the year goal. I am hoping that my indulging over the weekend didn't totally ruin that. My goal now is just to at least maintain that loss through Christmas and to the end of the year.

After the first of the year, I will set another short term goal. I have a longer term goal of being below 300 by the middle of May, when my daughter graduates high school. I want to be able to fit comfortably in the seats.
  • matthew_b
    matthew_b Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I really want to be at 100lbs to go. It means dropping 9 pounds by then, still doable.

Even better would be to be at 100lbs lost since my highest weight (long before MFP). That would mean losing 20lbs - a bit far to go. I hope to hit that by the end of January.
  • margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I had a goal of being in the 220's but I got stuck in the 250's and now seem to be lagging in the 240's. It seems like my loss has stopped since I started lifting but the inches are going away so that's a plus.
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My original goal was to be 270 by New Years. I've had a few bumps since then, and am only at 286. That's about 4 lbs a week so I'm not sure how possible that is now but 275 would definitely be awesome too.
  • juliek710
    juliek710 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to see 290 by New Year's as well, which is only about 6 pounds away so I think I can do it! That would be a total of 25 lbs gone for me.
  • EweCreekCottage
    Options
    I am revising since it took so long to break my stall when I switched from my unhealthy calorie set of 1000 to MFP's suggested calorie set of 1750 so my goal is to be at 328 by Jan 1 that would be 10 lbs between now and then

Status update
    I am at 334 I have 6lbs to go YAY
  • EweCreekCottage
    Options

I am revising since it took so long to break my stall when I switched from my unhealthy calorie set of 1000 to MFP's suggested calorie set of 1750 so my goal is to be at 328 by Jan 1 that would be 10 lbs between now and then

** 12-14-12
    Status update
    I am at 333.2 I have 5.2 to go YAY