Munchies at Night....

Options
mandynsnuf
mandynsnuf Posts: 81 Member
Any suggestions on how to handle the munchies at night? I do good all day long and then get home and relax and want to eat everything in site ! I tried drinking more water but then I am up half the night in the bathroom LOL I always have a protein shake about an hour after dinner and that used to curb my munchies, but it doesn't seem to work anymore...ughh !
Mandy

Replies

• gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Oh how I understand. I have also found myself Ambein eating too. so what I have done - I have a hot drink - protein coffee drink, hot chocolate, decaf tea. Anything you would like. I then savour every drop - I have the yummy but yet not over calories - good stuff. i have a couple of hot protein drinks that I use and also have the diet hot chocolate. I try to get at least 6-12gms of protein in. So far it has worked.

Good luck!
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, are you still trying to lose more? If you are at, or close to, your goal weight you may need to up your calories for maintenance. Since you don't have your diary open I can only suggest that you increase what you eat for dinner or allow yourself the evening snack. I like gspea's suggestion of a hot protein drink at night.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I get the munchies really bad when I am just sitting at my desk doing homework. I have started keeping low cal easy to snack things around so at least I am not over eating on calories. My favorite go to snack is sliced seedless cucumbers. They satisfy that crunch and are easy on the pouch.
  • mandynsnuf
    mandynsnuf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, are you still trying to lose more? If you are at, or close to, your goal weight you may need to up your calories for maintenance. Since you don't have your diary open I can only suggest that you increase what you eat for dinner or allow yourself the evening snack. I like gspea's suggestion of a hot protein drink at night.

Thanks :) I would like to lose about 5 more lbs ! This is the hardest I've had to work to get the weight off. Thanks for the suggestions. I should be public, I will add you as a friend.
    Mandy