What's your goal (and reward) by July?

Options
Hi all,
After a year of trying my darndest to lose anything I've managed to wrangle a full 6 pounds of fat loss. Yay me! My goal is to be down near 145-150 - bang on perfect for my height and build. I had a great deal of success with a lose for xmas group (almost all the weight I've lost since being on MFP) and want to keep that going.

My Goal is to lose 20-25 pounds by 1st July 2013
My Reward will be quitting my not awesome job/ epic trip to Rome (Will have to work a few months longer to afford Rome)

Once I manage my absolute minimum loss goal of -15lbs I shall start looking for an alternative less crappy job that pays as well as crappy job. :)

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I set a goal of 30lbs by June so will up to 35 by July..less than 5lbs a month. I think I can do that.

Hmmm...my reward...this might sound stupid but a night of to get drunk.. I quit drinking while I do this weight loss thing so I wouldn't mind just going out enjoying myself for one night with some old friends..
  • loubeth22
    Options
    I set a goal of 30lbs by June so will up to 35 by July..less than 5lbs a month. I think I can do that.

Hmmm...my reward...this might sound stupid but a night of to get drunk.. I quit drinking while I do this weight loss thing so I wouldn't mind just going out enjoying myself for one night with some old friends..

Sounds awesome! Especially after nearly a year of no drinking. Maybe a pretty new dress to get smashed in?
  • kellymoffat
    kellymoffat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be down about 20 pounds by 5 months from now. I think giving myself 25 pounds by July sounds great. In addition to losing the weight I want to be toned! April is the three year mark of being with my boyfriend so my reward is (and btw this was MY idea) buying a sexy black cocktail dress and having him take me downtown Seattle for our anniversary and then out dancing. He is so cute in saying he doesn't dance. Ha! What he doesn't realize is if I'm working my *kitten* off to be at my ideal he can take his out dancing with me. Ideally for me I'd be between 125-130, as I am 5'4" and have a very pear shaped frame.
  • blp1
    blp1 Posts: 80
    Options
    I would love to 30 pounds by July, or even more if I can. :) For my reward I'm not quite sure yet, soI'll have to think on that some more.
  • stacy_1971
    stacy_1971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose between 25-30 pounds by June, and think it is a very realistic goal as long as I stay on track. I do have more weight than that to lose, but the reason for setting the June date is that I want to be thinner for my son's high school graduation.

As far as a reward, I will probably buy more fashionable workout clothes. In the the little town I live in, unless you're a size 10 or under, they don't carry decent workout outfits. I've always heard you're supposed to wear lose, comfortable clothes to exercise in, but if I *had* loose, comfortable clothes, I might not need to exercise as much!
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have joined this group today. I have around 28lbs to lose. I started off really well and lost 4lbs in 5 weeks and then after one thing or another I went off course. I have probably put it all back on! I decided today to start again.
    The reward I will have is being able to wear any of the lovely summer clothes I have in my wardrobe and can't get into at the moment!
  • Guamybear
    Options

Sounds good to me..anything smaller will work...LOL..

Sounds awesome! Especially after nearly a year of no drinking. Maybe a pretty new dress to get smashed in?
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I think a reasonable goal is to lose 30lbs by June 30. That'll put me at 147lbs, which is under my last weight lose journey by 3lbs, and is also past thr halfway mark . A loss of about a pound a week should do it.

I want to get a belly ring and to feel comfortable in summer clothes..this past summer i hid in my pants and sweaters.
  • MrsBiscoe
    MrsBiscoe Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone

My goal is to lose 25-60 lbs by July ,I just started in October of 2012 right now I am down about 4 lbs and would like to see it keep dropping down. I have been exercising every day and take 1 day of rest in between, but not really because I am always doing something and always moving. So I will take it one day at time and see what happens good luck to all of mfp. I would like to fit into my summer short that I have not been able to wear in about 3-4 years, yes I did keep them to see if I could fit back into them one day.
  • Holdenke1
    Holdenke1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Losing 25 lbs before July 1st. If my calculations are correct, that would be about 3 1/2 lbs a month. Hmmm... Ok, I know that is doable. Gives us all something to look at in the long run. I am in a few monthly challenges, and this seems to be a great way to look out past the next few months. The hard part will be getting thru the holidays, although if I can lose 3.5 lbs in Dec, then I know I can do it Jan - Jun.

Reward? I'll want to think on that. Obviously new clothes. I am planning a trip to South Carolina mid June. Maybe just having my brothers and sister see me 25 lbs thinner "in my new clothes" will be all the reward I need.

Thanks for setting up this challenge. :flowerforyou:
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm really excited about this group, it's EXACTLY my plan! I'm looking to lose 28-30lbs by July 1st.
    CW-154
    GW-125
  • SessiebeeM02
    SessiebeeM02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose up to 60 lbs by July 1st. Minimum 25 lbs would be fine too if I cant be as vigorous with this weight loss thing as I'd like to be. I'm going to try my best to eat clean and train mean though! Hope I can be very focused on this and not give up hope.

Treats/Rewards:
    NEW CLOTHES!! My current wardrobe is soooo bad... and I don't update it because I feel I don't deserve to wear good clothes with the way I am now.

^That is such an obvious need after losing so much weight. Will think up a proper reward for myself when I get there.
  • MaizeOfFire
    MaizeOfFire Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 25 lbs before July. In an ideal world, I'd love to do it faster, but I have to be realistic and good to my body. I'll have to think about what to do for a reward. Maybe a spa treatment after working the whole month of July...
  • kiwi321
    kiwi321 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hey that's my goal as well! i'm around 150 pounds and i really wanna go down to 125 :)
  • Kirkchelsey190
    Options
    Heya! Just joined this group*yay!* I was very nervous about joining a group on here :-(. As I am twenty pounds overweight for my height. 5'8! I weigh 161 pounds, and I just started being serious about losing weight since the beginning of October. I joined this site around that time, and I like to think it's helped me lose all this weight! I've lost 13 pounds so far!.

My goal is too reach the healthy weight for my height, which is around 135-140, and too look sexy for my boyfriend who lives in Massachusetts ;-]. So 25LBS by July is perfect for me! :-D
    As for my reward? Weeellll...................

When I fly up there again, I want too see that shocked and turned on expression on his face ^.~.

25373021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Guamybear
    Options
    Well started counting calories on this site..and went down 2lbs this week. I think what I am doing might be working..

Weights 4-5 days a week
    Zumba 4-5 days a week
    1200 calories + WE MFP says I can eat extra from cardio.

I just hate that I had to buy a new scale during this weight loss because I don't have the exact amount I have lost so far.. with old scale over 15lbs.. new scale 12lbs.. :mad:
  • rucheerful
    rucheerful Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I joined the other day and hope to lose 25 lb by July 1st I think that is a realistic goal for me. Reward: I would love to buy some nice summer clothes!
  • Tisch1985
    Tisch1985 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My goal is 25 pounds on juli 1th that month my mom wil turn 50 so my reward wil be a new outfit for her party.
    I realy wanted to lose it befor 2015 that year i will turn 30, i will be with my hubby for 10 years and married 5 years.

Moste groups and challanges want to lose a lot of weight my body does not agree when i want to lose a lot of weight in a shirt time so 25 pounds bij july sounds awsome to me!

So what day are we going to weigh in?

Do we plan mini chalenges?
  • Salkeela
    Salkeela Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Goal; BMI = 20 That's 15lb loss from where I am now.

Rewards: Improved health I hope.... or if not, then at least I'll look leaner despite my lack of physical fitness!
  • carriehoffman1
    carriehoffman1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 20 pounds by April, one pound a week. But 25 pounds would probably look great on me too! My reward will be to look AWESOME at my wedding in June!