Carb cycling?

Options
chinatbag
chinatbag Posts: 249 Member
Does anybody here try to eat carbs once in a while? I'm trying it out today by eating some carbs and other stuff, not too worried about the weight coming off (as it is if I stick to this after these bad days of eating). Any how, I decided to do it to help out with the keto rash I'm experiencing and also to help my face heal up after a pretty bad fall.

Replies

• Keto_Keith
    Options
    I've read some reddit posts about people using a carb cheat day >100 in order to break stalls or plateaus. I personally haven't gone over 55, I believe, since began in August, but luckily, I haven't had any stalls yet.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I try to keep to keto most of the time and then use Sundays or holidays as "cheat days", but it's definitely not something I need, just something I do to make my sweetie happy because we can have beer and pizza on Sunday nights or something.
  • chinatbag
    Options
    I gained 2 lbs eating bad for about a week total. I can however say that my rash has gone away for the time being. Damn, I need to find the fine line between the two. Keto has been helping me lose weight but the rash is damn near unbearable sometimes.
  • cassurole
    Options
    Can your rash be treated with any topical ointments? Such as hydrocortisone or something of the like?
  • ermahgerdkate
    ermahgerdkate Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've heard some Redditors say that carb days are great in order to break a plateau or stall. Others have found them useful once in a blue moon to soothe overwhelming cravings. I personally have had cheat days, and I can tell you they are. not. worth. it.

Honestly, when I ate carbs, they tasted really strange and the mouthfeel was odd. My stomach hurt for days, and if I had anything sugary, my head felt like it was going to explode. I lost all of the awesome keto benefits, such as reduction in fatigue and a generally good feeling.

I heard other people use fat fasts to break plateaus, which is where you eat cream cheese for like three days straight. Now that sounds delicious.
  • chinatbag
    Options
    I've been using TAC cream to help with the rashes, I find they go away completely if I do intake carbs. I think I'm going to slow down my weight loss by just eating more carbs so the rashes don't come along.