Plan it Friday!!!

Options
What are you doing today to ensure that when you wake up Monday morning you're not hanging your head in regret?? The last 2 weekends so many of us have been wishing we could have a "do-over" for the weekend. Let's make this weekend the best it can be!! Start your planning today!

Here's what I'm going to do:

Tonight - my BFF & I are going to a steak house and having a girls night out! I'm excited to FINALLY be spending some time with her. I'm going to order a filet, baked potato and have a salad. I'm going to allow myself to have 1 piece of bread. And I don't like sweets, so dessert isn't an issue for me. :-) We'll probably head to a movie and I will only bring my water bottle in with me. AND without all the junk, we're going to have a GREAT time!!

Saturday - I'm going to get up and go to a spin class. THEN, we're celebrating Thanksgiving with my husband's family. I plan to eat LOTS of turkey & some veggies. I may have some mashed potatoes but I'm going to stay away from breads and desserts. OH - and I'm going to snack on the relish tray! (pickles, and pickled okra - LOW calories!!) Again, staying away from everything "bad" and still having a wonderful time!

Sunday - I'm going to make a crockpot meal for us for the day and will plan out and prepare all my meals for the up-coming week. I may even toss in a Jillian video that morning. (Sunday's are usually the CRAZIEST day of the week for us. My husband is a pastor...did you know that??)

OK - now it's your turn!!!

Replies

• kjm123079
    Options
    Friday- well already planned out my meal for dinner.

Sat- go to the gym in the morning then possibly to a hockey game with some friends. My plan is just drink water. If we do land up eating out somewhere, pick the healthiest choice I can.

Sunday- back to the gym, then grocery shopping for the week. Then for dinner, make a large amount of healthy food to have as left overs for the week. That's usually what I do since I have time on Sundays and not during the week.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    What are you doing today to ensure that when you wake up Monday morning you're not hanging your head in regret?? The last 2 weekends so many of us have been wishing we could have a "do-over" for the weekend. Let's make this weekend the best it can be!! Start your planning today!

Here's what I'm going to do:

Tonight - my BFF & I are going to a steak house and having a girls night out! I'm excited to FINALLY be spending some time with her. I'm going to order a filet, baked potato and have a salad. I'm going to allow myself to have 1 piece of bread. And I don't like sweets, so dessert isn't an issue for me. :-) We'll probably head to a movie and I will only bring my water bottle in with me. AND without all the junk, we're going to have a GREAT time!!

Saturday - I'm going to get up and go to a spin class. THEN, we're celebrating Thanksgiving with my husband's family. I plan to eat LOTS of turkey & some veggies. I may have some mashed potatoes but I'm going to stay away from breads and desserts. OH - and I'm going to snack on the relish tray! (pickles, and pickled okra - LOW calories!!) Again, staying away from everything "bad" and still having a wonderful time!

Sunday - I'm going to make a crockpot meal for us for the day and will plan out and prepare all my meals for the up-coming week. I may even toss in a Jillian video that morning. (Sunday's are usually the CRAZIEST day of the week for us. My husband is a pastor...did you know that??)

OK - now it's your turn!!!

THAT is awesome! What denomination of church does your husband Pastor?

For me, Friday and Saturday are already planned out -- it's days 6-7 of the cabbage soup diet/cleanse I'm on. On Sunday I'm going to probably have a 1/2 serving of a pumpkin marble cheesecake i'm planning on making for my Sunday School class. THEN I will eat something healthy for lunch, and either make a smoothie for dinner and maybe add some fruit to that. i try not to eat anything else after 6:00 at night (regardless what day it is).
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Friday: Had a healthy breakfast and lunch, was stressed about dinner (my hubs and I were going to go to TGI Fridays for 1/2 price appetizers) but talked to hubs about it and we agreed to go to the gym instead and have a modest serving of pizza as our date night treat at home.

Sat: Healthy breakfast (I eat the same breakfast every day) and then traveling to have Thanksgiving with friends. Friends usually plan healthy fare beyond dessert, so I'll make sure to skip the breads, etc, if they are there and only have a bite or two of dessert. Should be pretty easy.

Sun: Planning on making a pot of chicken soup for lunches next week, and we'll probably cook every other meal as well. We're pretty good on Sundays about eating up leftovers, and there are only healthy leftovers in our house.

ETA: Whoops! Forgot to mention a gym visit every day.
  • stephyw2001
    stephyw2001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    OK good idea:

Friday: I woke up early today, got my coffee on and had an english muffin for breakfast instead of a fruit and grain bar, which has more sugar. Then I went to Subway before work, since I got up early, and bought a footlong TUrkey sub on wheat with veggies and lite mayo. I'll have half for lunch and half for dinner. I will probably not work out tonight, because I want to catch the meteor shower.

Saturday: I will wake up early as I have to be at the animal shelter at 9:30 AM to help with a photoshoot for the animals :-) I'll go to the store after and buy healthy things to eat. I will workout somehow, if its nice, maybe I'll head up to the track and do some walking/jogging intervals.

Sunday: Eat healthy, workout, maybe get some art done. I do want to go see the last Twilight movie at some point this weekend too. I'm not a die hard fan, but I enjoy the movies and want to finish the series. I do not own them, nor have I read the books. But I think they're fun.
  • nre820
    nre820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Really like this challenge.

This week hasn't been good food-wise so I am going to make an effort this weekend to eat clean!

We ordered pizza for a co-worker's birthday, she picked Pizza Hut, not my first choice, but I didn't want to be rude. I am working at both jobs today, so I'll be doing a night run if all goes according to plan.

So my plan?

Short night run tonight. Long run tomorrow. Mid-distance Sunday.

Another thing, Like I said, this week has been rough food wise and my body is not happy with me.... I'm going to avoid processed foods, and probably meat and dairy as well. I just need to give my digestive system a break. It's going to be tough because I have tons of baking to do this weekend, but I am up for the challenge. I'll even take photos of my meals to hold me accountable!

Sunday, I hope to get some meal planning in, luckily my hubby is very good about helping me out with this.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Good luck!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Friday - I took the time this morning to plug in all my food for breakfast through to my afternoon snack. I have a later night at work today, and they are providing supper (I'm guessing Pizza for the amount of people that will be here), so I bugeted about 700 calories to make that work.

Saturday - My daughter has her gymnastics first thing in the morning and I am going to the physio at 12 about my knee...it is pretty dang sore and affecting my walking, driving and sleeping so I'm really hoping for a bit of relief and a recovery plan from that. After that I desperately need to get groceries (I may do that tonight yet, depending on how late I'm here)...everything is kind of hanging on the appointment. Food wise tomorrow shouldn't be anything out of the ordinary - may eat lunch out if we are running around.

Sunday - We have a kid's holiday party put on by my husband's employer, the meal there will be french fries, chicken fingers and a salad bar. I'll probably cut up a finger and toss it into a plate sized salad and I'll stick to the water. I haven't thought about sunday's supper yet.
  • lizziej78
    lizziej78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY-I did start today with a bagel but kept an eye on the snacking so I'm looking pretty good for the day today, even better if I get my butt to the gym after work :)

SATURDAY: Return to my running group after missing the last two weeks. The key for Saturday is to NOT OVEREAT just because I did my run- cereal for b-fast when I get home, lunch not on the fly, and hopefully at home (for the sake of my wallet).

SUNDAY: We have a packed church sched on Sunday, and I almost never get a workout in, so I'll try and go to the gym while my daighter is napping, OR maybe if I'm totally crazy, get up and go before church??

MONDAY: I'm adding Monday as part of the weekend, because on Mondays we all get together for family dinner (me, my dad and stepmother, my sister and her bf, my brother and sister in law and niece)- I've noticed that I am ALWAYS over my calories on Monday, so I'm making it part of my weekend goal to get to the gym on monday and make good choices at family dinner. Skip the sweets- I don't really like them much anyway!