Update

Options
Hey all!

Going in for excision surgery on Tuesday, have been told that im going to be in surgery for 2 hours minimum and will have to spend at least one night in hospital. They have said I will probably need morphine, so I am a bit anxious about how much pain I will be in.

If anyone has had this before I would love to hear about what the pain level will be compared to a standard Lap and any other help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hope everyone is ok,

Thanks
xx

Replies

• ashley2586
    ashley2586 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'll be thinking of you! Hope it all goes well, post back when you can!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    How did this go hun?

Hope you are resting up & on the mend. x
  • welshchick2
    welshchick2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Surgery went well, was in a lot of pain afterwards so had to have morphine and 1 night in hospital.

Unfortunately I didnt get to see my consultant afterwards, so I will have to wait 4 months to get all the details, but they did mention that they had done excision and that my adhesions had come back ( just 7 months since they were removed last) so they removed them.

Been taking it easy, not done anything for 10 days! but now I am slowly starting to do small amounts of light exercise.

Thanks for your replies and hope ur both well xx
  • smelons
    smelons Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You have to wait 4 months to find out the details?! That's ridiculous. Mind you, after my op, I was lucky enough to be given all the details, including being shown photos of my ovaries, but barely remember a thing due to being off my head on morphine...

Anyway, I went to see my GP a couple of weeks after and she looked and my file and updated me on everything I needed to know. Maybe you could do the same?
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    4 months? Wow. Anything yet?
  • welshchick2
    welshchick2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Sorry for the late reply, I dont get on the message boards very often!

No news on when im seeing my consultant, have contacted the hospital but his secretary is on maternity leave.
    They have given me another number of someone else who is helping to cover his workload, however after many attempts I cannot get through.

Will keep on trying, but I get the feeling that I may have to wait till his secretary gets back in Feb/March to get this sorted!

xx