Crossfit specific Pre-Workout supplement?

Options
Hey everyone,

What are you guys taking as your Pre-WOD supplements? I'm looking for a recommended product for our style of training. (Most products on the market are catered towards the bodybuilding crowd and not really specific towards our type of training)

I understand the importance of a good Pre-WOD meal and I understand coffee is a favorite for Cross fitters but I'm not a coffee person and I need something to help me get up and go for my 6am WODS.

So question is what ARE you guys using?

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I use a meal replacement shake, with espresso instead of water/milk

But there are a lot of people using activators like PhD WIRED or BSN Amino x
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I usually didn't eat for at least 4 hours before a WOD. :/ Semi-fasted running and rowing always feel better for me. I would look into what anyone lifting is using as a PWO. CrossFit isn't so special that it really needs a specific PWO supp. I know there's been some other posts in the general forums that might be helpful for finding some of the better and "cleaner" PWO. Have you tried just something an hour or so beforehand, like a banana with nutbutter?
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    seriously quit over thinking crap like this

if i put a caffeine pill in a bottle and marketed it as a pre-cross fit workout supplement you would buy it wouldn't you?
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 5:10 am and slam 3 shots of espresso and a glass of water then work out at 6 am. I eat a meal (not a shake) about 20-30 minutes after I am through. Working out in a fasted state is fine but it did take some getting used to. There is some evidence that there are some metabolic benefits to working out fasted. But yeah, don't over think it. If you have to spoon out a tablespoon of almond butter on half an apple, that might be a nice light snack to settle a morning stomach.
  • jlcuster
    Options
    Personally, I wake up early and do the WOD on an empty stomach. I only drink about 1 cup of water before and as needed during the WOD itself. Eating anything before the WOD usually makes my performance drop quite a lot.