I eat a lot yet never reach 1200 calories!

Options
Hey, I am just looking for a little help as I can never meet my 1200 calorie goal. I've read on here that I could be putting myself into starvation mode but I can assure you that I am not! I feel like I;m eating more than I've ever eaten before (although I am eating a lot healthier now). How do I reach my 1200 calorie goal!? Thanks!

Replies

• crisco03
    Options
    Try to eat things like nuts, high protein foods, and whole grains. They are kind of high in calories but are very nutritious, and will help you with your fitness goals :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Try to eat things like nuts, high protein foods, and whole grains. They are kind of high in calories but are very nutritious, and will help you with your fitness goals :)

^ plus avocado and good oils like olive oil also eat full fat yogurt, milk and cheese. It's easy actually!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I second the avocado and nuts! A serving of almonds is about 20-24 almonds and is 160 calories. Or eat an apple or a slice of whole wheat toast with some peanut butter. I would look to see where you can beef up each meal instead of just adding snacks if you don't want to think as much about eating more.
  • meganflook
    meganflook Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks! I don't like avocado's at all but I do often eat a lot of nuts... Tried really hard today to up my calories still couldn't reach my 1200 goal. I've put my food diary on public so if any of you wanted to look you can. I currently weight 9 stone 12, I'm 5'6 and 18 years old.... This is so hard, I feel like I'm eating so much! Thanks again!
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Do you have a food scale?

Also, Peanut butter + Spoon = Calorie goal met
  • eberg83
    eberg83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Proteins and whole grain carbs! If you're not hitting 1200 calories, you're guaranteed to be short on necessary nutrients.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Just looked at your diary. You seem to be eating reasonably. Are your portions small? Perhaps you could add more carbs. How about oatcakes and I agree nuts is a great idea. Do you ALWAYS eat like this or do you have a treat sometimes?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    How about hiding any kind of seeds in things so you don't even hardly notice them? They are probably as calorific as nuts so that's got to help!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter + Spoon = Calorie goal met

LOL! This is so true! :laugh: