heart rate monitor

Options
lizziej78
lizziej78 Posts: 28 Member
Hey all-

Are any of you using a heart rate monitor? I've been thinking about it, just to see how much I'm actually burning in a workout...thoughts on this? Anyone use one, and if so, any particular brand that's good?

Thanks!

Replies

• sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Great question! I'm interested in this too. I've looked around the forum and Polar seems to be a recommended brand for casual athletes.
  • Pammy820
    Pammy820 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7....and i love it!! Very easy to use!
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    me too!!! but im looking at the Nike Fuelband
  • emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I also have a Polar Heart Rate Monitor and I LOVE it!!! It tracks my HR as well as my caloris burned during a workout and let me tell you...seeing that number pushes me in the middle of a tough workout. :-) I would HIGHLY recommend getting one. I adjust my weight on there all the time as I lose so I know it's very accurate! I LOVE it!!!
  • shoppingdiva2011
    shoppingdiva2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a Sportline from Walmart that I got online for $30. I love it. Its a watch and you do not need to wear a chest strap:smile:
  • lizziej78
    lizziej78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all- I ended up getting a Polar FT7 with my birthday money, and I really like it so far! It was awesome to know how many calories I ACTUALLY burned at my last spinning class :)