CLX between phases?

Options
Love2lift72
Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
Dh an I are arguing about whether there should be a rest week or just start on next phase. I didn't do the second burn it off but did fire ez55 today and was just going to start the push phase. He thinks the muscles need a break and said other BB programs have a rest week. What did you do?

Replies

• MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I didn't between Burn and Push and wish I had. I did take a break between Push and Lean. I feel it is needed if for nothing else, a mental break.
  • denise33027
    denise33027 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I didn't take a break between any phase, nor when I started over. I feel OK. Will say that the last month of the program I felt very weak! Maybe I should have.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    some take a break, some don't...I personally took a week break in between phases for a few reasons. One of them is because all the PT's I know recommend it, and another is because when I take the break I come back fresh and eager for the next phase which gives me a much better experience and overall enjoyment.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    We didn't take a break besides the normal days off and the extra cardio day in between phases. I'm on my last 10 days of lean and haven't had any issues. Of course I also didn't cut my calories during this either, I'm trying to build some muscle.
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just recently finished CLX and I didn't take a break through any of the phases. I think it's a personal preference.
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I start the lean phase tomorrow. I haven't took a break and I don't plan too.
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I didn' t break between phases and am in Lean. However, I wish I had. the first week of each phase, I found i was extra tired. I don't think it hurts if you don't though.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I didn't take a break between Burn and Push. But I took a break between Push and Lean (due to coming down with a bug) and I'm glad I did. In the future, I think I'll take a week off between them by substituting light strength circuits that are more cardio than strength (like Turbo Jam Booty Sculpt) in place of CLX.