November 19-25

luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Hello All MFP friends

This is the post for week 4's mini challenge.

I am going to get a little philosophical this week and want you to think of three things before you eat. They are:

1) Why are you eating?-(Are you bored?,Are you sad?,Are you really hungry?,etc)
2) What are you eating?-(Are you eating nutritional food?,Are you staying within your calorie limit?,Is your body going to benefit from what you are eating? etc)
3) When are you eating?-(Are you eating in secret?,Are you eating late at night?,Did you just eat? etc)

Answering these questions honestly will help you to analyze some of your eating faults.

Monday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Stay within your alloted calorie limit
Cardio-Do 30-45 minutes of increased heart rate cardio exercise (ie jog, bicycle,elliptical,jumping jacks,aerobics,zumba,etc)
Strength-Do 125 crucnches (3 different kinds)

Tuesday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Eat 25 less than your alloted carbohydrate limit
Cardio- Do 30-45 minutes of interval training (1 minute slow pace, 1 minute fast pace)
Strength-Do 10 sets of 10 bicep curls

Wednesday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Eat your limit of protein. It is necessary to repair and maintain muscle.
Cardio- Do 30-45 minutes increased heart rate cardio exercise.
Strength - Do 125 squats.

Thursday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Eat lots of fibre today. (ie fruits, veggies, whole grains, oatmeal, fibre one bars (love them)
Cardio/Strength - Do 30-45 minutes of circuit training. 2 minutes cardio, 10 crunches, 2 minutes cardio, 10 push-ups, 2 minutes cardio, 10 lunges. repeat 3 x)

Friday Mini Challenge
Food - Stay below your sodium limit. (pay particular attention to packaged or take out food which is very high in sodium)
Cardio - Do 30-45 minutes increased heart rate cardio exercise.
Strength - If you worked really hard yesterday. Take a break today.

Saturday Mini Challenge
Food - Stay within your calorie limit.
Cardio/Strength - Do something special for yourself today. Maybe get your hair done, have a manicure, go shopping etc. You deserve it

Sunday Mini Challenge:
Food - Enjoy a healthy home cooked meal with your family.
Cardio - Go for a 30-45 minute leisurely walk with your family or somebody special in your life.
Strength - Work on the part of your body that bothers you the most.

I hope everybody has a great week. Any feedback regarding these challenges would be greatly appreciated.

Keep Smiling ,
Donna
All MFP friends

This is the post for week 4's mini challenge.

I am going to get a little philosophical this week and want you to think of three things before you eat. They are:

1) Why are you eating?-(Are you bored?,Are you sad?,Are you really hungry?,etc)
2) What are you eating?-(Are you eating nutritional food?,Are you staying within your calorie limit?,Is your body going to benefit from what you are eating? etc)
3) When are you eating?-(Are you eating in secret?,Are you eating late at night?,Did you just eat? etc)

Answering these questions honestly will help you to analyze some of your eating faults.

Monday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Stay within your alloted calorie limit
Cardio-Do 30-45 minutes of increased heart rate cardio exercise (ie jog, bicycle,elliptical,jumping jacks,aerobics,zumba,etc)
Strength-Do 125 crucnches (3 different kinds)

Tuesday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Eat 25 less than your alloted carbohydrate limit
Cardio- Do 30-45 minutes of interval training (1 minute slow pace, 1 minute fast pace)
Strength-Do 10 sets of 10 bicep curls

Wednesday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Eat your limit of protein. It is necessary to repair and maintain muscle.
Cardio- Do 30-45 minutes increased heart rate cardio exercise.
Strength - Do 125 squats.

Thursday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Eat lots of fibre today. (ie fruits, veggies, whole grains, oatmeal, fibre one bars (love them)
Cardio/Strength - Do 30-45 minutes of circuit training. 2 minutes cardio, 10 crunches, 2 minutes cardio, 10 push-ups, 2 minutes cardio, 10 lunges. repeat 3 x)

Friday Mini Challenge
Food - Stay below your sodium limit. (pay particular attention to packaged or take out food which is very high in sodium)
Cardio - Do 30-45 minutes increased heart rate cardio exercise.
Strength - If you worked really hard yesterday. Take a break today.

Saturday Mini Challenge
Food - Stay within your calorie limit.
Cardio/Strength - Do something special for yourself today. Maybe get your hair done, have a manicure, go shopping etc. You deserve it

Sunday Mini Challenge:
Food - Enjoy a healthy home cooked meal with your family.
Cardio - Go for a 30-45 minute leisurely walk with your family or somebody special in your life.
Strength - Work on the part of your body that bothers you the most.

I hope everybody has a great week. Any feedback regarding these challenges would be greatly appreciated.

Keep Smiling ,
Donna

Replies

• Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Thank You Donna :flowerforyou:
  • mommashelli
    mommashelli Posts: 89 Member
    Monday:
    Food- did great
    Cardio- did hr of walking
    Strength- crunches are done

My goal is to check in everyday this week. Last week I was so busy and didn't logged very religiously one day I even missed (which made me sad b/c i lost my consecutive day count on MFP ) This week I am back in. full speed ahead Christmas is right around the corner and I am only 14lbs from xmas goal weight!!! Met my monthly goal weight this week. SO that felt pretty good!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!
  • Pammie1000
    Congratulations Mommashelli, You've stayed on track even with being extra busy!
    Water good today, food - not too bad, crunches done and 45 minutes on the elliptical. Now....to be good the rest of the week!:ohwell:
  • mommashelli
    Tuesday:
    Food-yep always eat less than they allow me for carbs.
    Cardio- did hr walk. don't plan on doing intervals until next month.
    Strength-horrible on this challenge only got in 20/100. may make up tom.

posting late but still Tues. well for another 20mins at least.

You'll be great the rest of the week Pammie! Have faith and plan ahead! lol. especially for Thanksgiving (if you are anything like me those sweets are my fav part of the meal.)
  • mommashelli
    Wednesday
    Food-always eat my protein
    Cardio- walked 35mins
    Strength - 30/125 squats. might have to take a hiatus on these. I pulled a back muscle today(not while working out) but it hurts so going to nurse it back to health keep up with walking as best as i can!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone! Best of luck making smart and healthy choices!
  • mommashelli
    Happy Thanksgiving!

TOday is a rest day for me, mostly b/c I am so busy today with 2 families and black friday shopping! I will make up for cardio and strength tom However I will stay within my cal limit!
  • Pammie1000
    Dang....When did everything get so busy!!! I haven't even had time to see what the challenges were most of last week, I had plenty of time to look at the sale ads though....hummm :embarassed: