Exercise in Luton

So I'm currently on a uni placement at Luton hospital for 4 weeks. I've just finished week 1 and successfully done a grand total of zero exercise except for a hockey match I had to drive back to London for.

Does anyone have any bright ideas where/how to get cheap convenient exercise in this area? By the time I finish in the evenings it's dark and I'm not comfortable going out running after dark in an area I don't know, and my room in the accommodation block is too small to do any workout dvds or anything. It's also just across the road from the hospital, so I can't even walk to and from work to burn some calories. There's no point in joining a gym as I'm only there for another 3 weeks!

I realise that all sounds like a list of excuses but really it's not :P so if anyone can help/knows what there is to do in this area it'd be very much appreciated!

Replies

• Marks281172
    Marks281172 Posts: 127 Member
    Hi There.. not Luton i know, but there is a park run every saturday morning in St Albans.. that might help you to keep your eye in at least. If youre not up on local geography, St Albans is a couple of junctions down the M1 from Luton, id say its about 20 mins from the L&D to Veralum park where its held.
  • Hiya,
    I grew up in Luton and really do not suggest going running at night hehe.
    Trying to wrack my brain of where to go and tbh there's no where decent in the evening!
    During day light hours I would personally head to stockwood park up Farley Hill. Its huge and rarely run into anyone

Hope this helps x
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Thanks for the ideas :) will see what I can do!
  • vonns36
    vonns36 Posts: 50 Member
    There is a school at the bottom of the road that hospital is on (not the main road)..I'm sure they do Zumba classes during the week....Luton isn't a safe place to walk or run in the evening believe me :(