Thanksgiving Week Challenge!!!

Options
Hey there everyone!!! It's been 20 days since we started this journey! How are you doing?? We've got 30 days left and I think this week is going to be the most challenging! SO - let's work it out this week like no other! Let's shoot for a 3,500 calorie burn week (or more). That means that you will have to burn a minimum for 500 calories every day this week - all 7 days! Here's my plan:

Monday - AM Spin & PM Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones
Tuesday - AM Weights & PM 30DS
Wednesday - AM Spin & PM Jillian Micahels No More Trouble Zones
Thursday - AM Spin & (maybe) PM No More Trouble Zones
Friday - AM Spin & PM No More Trouble Zones
Saturday - AM Spin & PM No More Trouble Zones
Sunday - IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! AM - 30DS & that's probably it :-)

In addition to this - I'm attacking this week Atkins style with my eating! NO CARBS - well....in the form of breads or sugar. I'll be eating lots of lean meat and veggies and eggs. I'm looking for a BIG loss this week! I'm trying to get into the next decade (that's what I call every 10lb increment) BRING IT ON!!!

Replies

• nursy14
    nursy14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    sounds good i will up my walking as long as back holds out !!!!
  • cougar1976
    cougar1976 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For me I will go to the gym all week. Yesterday I jogged on the treadmill for the first time. Ten minute warm up then walk 1 minute then jog one minute for the next twenty minutes. This week I will alternate the jog and walk for the entire thirty minutes. I also will step up the stationary bike and go from level 5 effort to level six effort for thirty minutes. This will be my Thanksgiving challenge!!!
  • mnightingale1
    mnightingale1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are right! It is time to step it up. I think I will work out everyday this week too.
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan. I'm going to do Chalean in the AM and Insanity in the PM. (I am the single mommy this week hubby works nights so this may have to change a little bit.) We had Thanksgiving dinner yesturday so I'm home free now:)
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've lost 6 pounds over the course of the challenge thus far - I'm pretty excited! My ticker doesn't accurately reflect the loss b/c I slacked off and put on some weight in Sept/Oct (before the challenge, but after I'd entered my starting weight in August), so it's great to be back on track. This week, I am focusing on staying within my calories and integrating weight lifting into my workouts. Also, drinking all of my water! I think next week, through Christmas, I'm going to focus on cutting carbs.
  • superpoo
    superpoo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good and challenging enough. Quick question though, what's DS? (Sorry, I've been on and off here)

I missed out a few days last week but want to follow the next 30 days without fail.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Today is my rest and my body needs the rest (I ran 6.5 miles on Sat and 7.5 on Sun. and am not a runner... ) but will go to the gym Tues and Wed and then try and get out to run at least Thursday, Sat. and Sun. I will aim for 500.. however usually can only get in the 4's with a 4 mile run.
  • emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good and challenging enough. Quick question though, what's DS? (Sorry, I've been on and off here)

I missed out a few days last week but want to follow the next 30 days without fail.

DS stands for "Day Shred" it's a Jillian Michales workout called 30 Day Shred. :-)
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to get creative with my exercises as I'm still on limited movement with my knee.

I will be doing my strength trainging though - resistance bands for upper body, crunches for abdominals and a few easy leg lifts for hips/thighs. It won't burn crazy calories, but, I need to focus on healing.

To compensate for my lack of activity, I'm trying to keep my calorie intake around the 1400 mark.
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hitting the treadmill this week with stationary bike warm ups. Sit ups and weights. I am going to start throwing in push ups.....I have a dinner/celebration to attend on Dec. 6th. At this celebration we announce the employee (hourly and salary) of the year. The dress I chose has one shoulder bare. Time to get my arms back into shape!
    Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
  • aplacetogrow
    Options
    I will be doing Zumba twice this week but I am going to have to be creative for the rest of the week...
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Running Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday! Will have to figureout what else to do the rest of the week :smile:
  • emailcrystalo
    Options
    794 calories burned while working out today!!!
  • alondrap25
    alondrap25 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    very challenging for me, I dont have that much time with moving, the girls, work and husband, will try my best, but this is the worst week for this challenge for me... Ill have to make it up another week. :)
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i have decided to focus my Thanksgiving eating to mostly turkey. that way i get all the protein and to limit my stuffing intake
    (BOO!!!). also i will go to the gym on Wednesday (my regular rest day) and try to make it to the gym Thurs before they close at 2p. i will also weigh myself Wed before T-Day and moving official weigh-in day to Sunday so i can see how i progress and give enough time for it to move out! lol
  • emailcrystalo
    Options
    i have decided to focus my Thanksgiving eating to mostly turkey. that way i get all the protein and to limit my stuffing intake
    (BOO!!!). also i will go to the gym on Wednesday (my regular rest day) and try to make it to the gym Thurs before they close at 2p. i will also weigh myself Wed before T-Day and moving official weigh-in day to Sunday so i can see how i progress and give enough time for it to move out! lol

I love this!!! I too, will be focusing on turkey! :-)
  • emailcrystalo
    Options
    1627 calories burned so far this week!!!! I've got lots of working out left to do this week! I'm so excited!
  • emailcrystalo
    Options
    As of right now I'm at 3143 for the week!! I've to crank out at least 400 more calories to meet this goal!! No worries! It's in the bag! ;-)
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's so impressive! I really need to try this one week. It intimidates me, because that's a lot of calories to remove exclusively through exercise, but if I mentally prepare myself, I'm sure I can make it. I did go to the gym more consistently than usual this week and am tracking well. The biggest change I've noted in myself is my water consumption - I drink at least 80 oz a day now. Every time I pass the kitchen I drink another 16 oz. Every day is Water Wednesday for me now!