Seeking Friends With Similar Goals

Options
Hi, I am 26 years old and weigh 395 pounds. I am female, 5' 10'', my goal weight is 170 pounds, and I would like to reach that goal by 20 September 2014. I have been on MFP before and I lost 71 pounds (from 418 to 347) , but I deleted my account in September when my grandmother died. I have since gained back about 50 pounds, and now that I am getting dangerously close to the 400-lb mark again I am back on here and ready to conquer it again.

My time on MFP before proved to me that this battle is almost impossible to win without support, even if that support is coming from some awesome people on the internet I'll likely never meet in person. So, I am hoping there are some awesome people in this group who would like welcome me into their support system.

Cheers,

FTW2014

Replies

• wychwych
    Options
    Sent you a friend request as it sounds like we have similar goals
  • tdbad1
    tdbad1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    welcome back.

im very sorry to hear of your loss. Life events like that can certainly "derail" us for a time. It is good to see you are trying to get back to looking after yourself, and becoming healthier. My heaviest was 396lbs. I had weight loss surgery, lost 50lbs, and then gained it back as my "life got in the way" also. Im back to loosing the weight again and have lost 21lbs so far. I'd love to add you as a friend. It's always good when you find someone with similar goals and motivations.
  • cjthurman
    cjthurman Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Glad you're back! I'll send you a friend request. My highest weight was 398 upon graduation from high school and the years following. I lost over 100lbs eating just vegetables (very unsustainable!) about 7 years ago and and gained 50-60 back over the course of the last 7 years. I'm back to losing now because I swore I'd never see 300lbs again and here I am. I think we could be good support buddies for each other, but I am doing a low carb eating plan now so that may not be in line with what you are doing.
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Friend request sent
  • Bertie02
    Bertie02 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request.

My heaviest was 356 I lost almost 80lbs and I've slowly gained it back over the last few years. Although I didn't hit 356 again have been back up to the 340's. I've been bouncing around in the teens to twenties for the last year. I've decided its now time to get my butt in gear and get down to a healthier weight.