Starting Monday October 29th

Options
Leigh_b
Leigh_b Posts: 556 Member
Hi All,

Looking for partners in starting this program this Monday, October 29th. This will be my second time starting it. I began back in May but ended up stalling out a few times due to injuries. By the time I finally got through Phase 2 I had to stop to train for a 1/2 marathon. I ran the race last weekend and am not ready to give this a second go.

Anyone else starting next week? :happy:

Replies

• mylifemynow
    mylifemynow Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was looking to start on Monday as well. I started it a few months ago but moved and you know how life can be! :) It would be nice to have an accountability partner! :)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I've just done my first week. Would love to join you. Doing W1 today. I'm running though instead of the cardio workouts and changing the routine a bit as I've got so sore after the workouts. I'm doing:

W1
    W2
    Rest
    Cardio
    W1
    W2
    Rest
    Cardio
  • kestie77
    Options
    I just got mine in the mail! I will be starting Monday.
  • aimeelou032
    aimeelou032 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I will be starting tomorrow also. I orginally started it several months back and quit halfway through. I am not sure why I guess I just loss motiviation. But I want to give it another try and actually finish this time.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Good luck for tomorrow.
  • Lilhutch77
    Lilhutch77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Looking forward to this journey! Is anyone doing the kickstart part?
  • texaschick43
    texaschick43 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I will be starting mine on Tuesday Oct 30th...so I'll be a day behind...but count me in. It's been sitting in the box now for a couple of months and i REALLY need to get it out and get started. Anyone wanting to add me for additional motivation and support, please feel free to do so. I need all I can get. LOL!!
  • delainelynncarl
    Options
    Starting today! Add me and we can help each other out! wootwoot!
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    yay!!! I'm so excited to have so many workout partners!!!

Did WO#1 today. It was much easier than I remember it being... guess I'm much fitter than I was when I did it the first time back in May. I wear a heart rate monitor when I work out and my average heart rate was only 106 so my calorie burn was fairly minimal today but I know it won't stay that way for long.
  • kestie77
    Options
    I cheated and started yesterday. I got a few minutes when both my girls were napping and thought, why wait? It was easier than I thought, which means it will be getting much harder, right? I can feel it today in my arms and upper back, but not as painful as starting the 30 day shred.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Well done. I'm on week 2 and loving it. Still very stiff but at least you know it's working!!
  • sherrillrn
    Options
    My Roommate and I started Monday as well, so excited to have others starting at the same time! Yesterday I was energized but hungry. Today it was very hard to get up and get my body moving, plus I'm still very hungry and have the headache today. Not to mention severe inner thigh burn lol! Gotta keep going, even though I may skip the cardio this evening because I feel so flu like....
  • kestie77
    Options
    You all made me get up this morning! I was laying in bed thinking about not getting up but I thought, "I don't want to admit to the group that I skipped a day!"
  • sherrillrn
    Options
    Week 1 Done!!! I'm down 8lb and my roommate is down 12lbs but we are both over the 200lb mark. It was a tough week for sure! Day 2-3 was brutal then it all seemed to come together and get easier by thursday and friday. We made a big mistake and ate dinner at 7pm friday night then didn't eat again until noon the next day and we had severe low blood sugar. It took us all day with severe foggy heads and extreme fatigue to recover because we tried to eat balanced and routine through the day but we did and are so happy with our results. We are toning and our faces look thinner :)

How did everyone else find week 1?
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    Week one was a bit of a fail for me... I only did the workouts once.

I am choosing not to do the cardio and to run instead as I've spent the last year building up my running endurance and don't want to lose what I've worked so hard to get. I did manage a 4 mile run on Wednesday and an 8 mile run on Saturday so I got my cardio in, but when it came to doing WO #1 on Thursday and WO #2 on Friday I was a complete fail.

I had an extremely busy week both personally and professionally last week and had very little spare time beyond the wee morning hours and I was so exhausted from staying up late that those wee hours were just a bit too early for my weary body. I hate to make excuses, which is exactly what I am doing... so here's to no more excuses!

I am back on track this week and will keep going from here.

Let's have a fabulous week 2!
  • kestie77
    Options
    I'm only down one pound, but I'll take it! I haven't been eating very great, especially with Halloween candy in the house!
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    How's everyone doing? One to WO#3 and WO#4 for me this week... since this is my second time through Phase 1 I am finding it easier than I remember it being... I'm taking that for a good sign. I've gotten stronger :)
  • sherrillrn
    Options
    How's everyone doing? One to WO#3 and WO#4 for me this week...
    I found the increase in WO#3 and 4 BRUTAL!!!! So hard, but it is already more manageable on week 2 of these workouts then the first two times through it. I'm starting to think I will go through the same process every two weeks: struggle just to get through the two workouts the first time attempted, then a bit easier and at least able to do most of the moves even if i don't get every rep in the second time through, then even better with the third time through then able to complete it 100% by the fourth time through only to have to start all over again with increased intensity lol. My body is responding incredibly though, I'm down 12lbs total and firming up and people are starting to comment which feels great!!!! I've been diligent with the workouts and sticking to the meal plan but have had a few binge drinking moments on the weekends lol, doesn't seem to be holding me back much if at all

How's everyone else doing?
  • sherrillrn
    Options
    ps. What kind of sick person invented plankups!?!