Detox time?

Options
Hello! Today is day 3 for me and I'm wondering how long I should expect the headaches to last. I went from eating junk to strict Paleo cold turkey and quit caffeine (1/2 to 1 pop a day) at the same time, so...yeah. I expected to feel a little crappy, but I'd love to have a rough end date to look forward to.

Replies

• GnaBean
    GnaBean Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    The Whole 30 website has a great timeline that tells you what to expect while your body adjusts. Just Google "Whole 30 Timeline."
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My first time at this, I had a 3-day headache starting around the second or third day. Even aspirin/tylenol/etc wouldn't take it away. WELL WORTH THE 3 DAYS, THOUGH! Just hang on and drink lots of water.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I heard it depends on the individual. I took 2 weeks to get past the headaches, fatigue , etc...i'll be 4 weeks on Tuesday and feel fabulous!!! The 3rd week I got back to normal...its so worth it :happy: so it was about 2.5 weeks for me....I guess it can be anywheres from 1 - 4 weeks
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    When I was preggers and quit caffeine it was a week of headaches and three weeks to overcome the craving.
    When I started eating primal (with caffeine) i felt like exhausted and a little depressed from day 2-10. But I also know now I was eating too few cals and fat.
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I had on and off headaches for the first three weeks - really didn't start to feel great until about the 4th week of Whole 30. I attribute this more to the elimination of Diet Coke than the carbs - I drank 2-3 per day prior to switching to Primal (which was cutting back compared to previous years). I haven't had a Diet Coke in months and I don't miss it anymore, but I swear they must put crack in that stuff, it is so addictive! The headaches DO go away if you stick with it!! It's totally worth it!
  • ricestephanie11
    ricestephanie11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The Whole 30 website has a great timeline that tells you what to expect while your body adjusts. Just Google "Whole 30 Timeline."

This.

For me, the caffeine headaches lasted a week (I was drinking 2 cups of coffee per day). I didn't feel amazing in general until the two week time frame.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the timeline, that was a huge help! I had 3 days of migraines, and one day of feeling exhausted with aches and pains. Then I was fine! I've been great ever since.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I also realized I was eating enough fat to offset the carbs, so once I increased my fat intake, that helped alot too. So adjusting my macros was key. Once I starting eating more fat, I felt much better.
  • GnaBean
    GnaBean Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    The timeline helped me, too. When you're going through something like that, and you have no idea how long it's going to take, it's scary. But when you know that in just a few days, you're going to feel incredible, and you really want to feel incredible, you can stick it out knowing the reward is close at hand.
  • EROG1970
    Options
    I was ready to give in on day 3 as I felt like pooh. I said to myself if I felt the same on day 4 I would have a cuppa (I used to drink about 8 a day) but I woke up on day 4 feeling loads better. It got easier as the days went on so dont give in!