Challenge #3: Plan your attack for Thanksgiving

Options
jmeyer925
jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
3rd Thursday: Look into your Thanksgiving calories, and try and plan some substitutes while still enjoying past favorites (responsibly)

If you find any good recipes please feel free to share them!

Along with what you're going to eat on Thanksgiving: giving in completely, moderation, or very strict?

Here are some recipes I've been looking at: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/lightened-up-thanksgiving-recipes.html

Replies

• missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    3rd Thursday: Look into your Thanksgiving calories, and try and plan some substitutes while still enjoying past favorites (responsibly)

If you find any good recipes please feel free to share them!

Along with what you're going to eat on Thanksgiving: giving in completely, moderation, or very strict?

Here are some recipes I've been looking at: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/lightened-up-thanksgiving-recipes.html

Thanks for the link!! I'm going to try the pumpkin spice no-bake cheesecake. It looks and sounds amazing. And dessert is of course one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving dinner. I'm not cooking for thanksgiving, just going to my family and my boyfriend's family events. My plan of attack is to do it in moderation. Since I've been eating less and healthier, I know I'll feel like crap if I completely give in. Also, will make sure to get exercise in that day after meals for sure.
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I will be cooking that day. However I am not going to make anything different than normal. I just plan on eating a little of everything I want. I already logged my food for that day just so I could see where my calories would be at. I know I can stick to my plan!! If I say that to myself over and over maybe it will be true. :wink:
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Lots of food and wine (required to get through family holidays) for me haha
  • HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My plan is to exercise in the morning and take a relaxing shower.
    Get dressed and make sure I am eating a nice normal breakfast, drink lots of water and enjoy my coffee.
    I am allowing myself extra calories in moderation on Thursday only.
  • jmeyer925
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/801021--60-calorie-mini-pecan-pies-perfect-for-thanksgiving

^^^^^ highly recommended! And you can have 6 of these for the same as 1 normal piece of pie (estimated of course!)
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Thursday...Thanksgiving day is our travel day so we will be in the car for six hours on Thursday going to visit family so the hard part will be to stop eating the chips that will be right beside me in the car...LOL. I am planning on doing my customary Thursday workout in the morning...so I will feel better about eating a bit more later. For the dessert we are planning on making pecan pie, and Tiramisu...will have to check out the link for pecan pie... thanks jmeyer. The tough part will be on Friday when I try and not graze all day on leftovers and desserts...LOL. We are soooo looking forward to this trip though so it will be fun. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Peace.
  • jmeyer925
    Options
    Thursday...Thanksgiving day is our travel day so we will be in the car for six hours on Thursday going to visit family so the hard part will be to stop eating the chips that will be right beside me in the car...LOL. I am planning on doing my customary Thursday workout in the morning...so I will feel better about eating a bit more later. For the dessert we are planning on making pecan pie, and Tiramisu...will have to check out the link for pecan pie... thanks jmeyer. The tough part will be on Friday when I try and not graze all day on leftovers and desserts...LOL. We are soooo looking forward to this trip though so it will be fun. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Peace.

Sounds like a great weekend! Just keep getting in those work outs and you should be fine! :heart:
    With my mini pecan pies, I did the estimate to the normal pecan pie piece (that we bought from Sam's Club). And I could have 10 minis instead! Wow-ey! Not that I WOULD of course (I plan on having 5 lol).