What is your New Years resolution aside from losing weight?

Options
My new year resolution is not to lose weight but to embrace culture. I am starting the year buy going to a Shen Yun performance which will allow me to embrace the Chinese culture! I want to learn about various cultures through theater, food, books, etc. America is a melting pot full of different ethnicity and cultures, and I am fortunate to live in and be part of such a diverse country!!

Replies

• JDavis352
    JDavis352 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My resolution is to tone up and love me for me! Thick or thin, jiggly or tight. My second resolution is to stop being so shy around everyone and open up and let my true,spunky,weird,fun personality out! Now to make this a plan!
  • ellabelle0310
    ellabelle0310 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My resolution is to start getting actively involved in things that matter to me. I have been that parent that sends treats to school or helps with the craft projects at home, but I don't go to the classroom that often. The same goes for my husband's work--I'm always willing to participate in things from the house, but I don't go to any unit functions or get to know the people he works with. So for 2013, I want to get out and get to the class room, the company, church functions, etc so that I can start really becoming involved!
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    other than losing the weight for health issues....another one is to be a mom...tear*
  • Melanierdixon
    Melanierdixon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think I'd like to run a half marathon. I'm up to 3 miles now with the C25K app.
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    1. To become a greater & beautiful belly dancer that holds myself with grace, poise, & serenity.
    2. To be as physically healthy & strong as possible, going beyond my goals in terms of fitness.
    3. To delve myself into Middle Eastern culture & history to understand the context of belly dance.
    4. To do everything I've wanted to do without holding back.
    5. To learn to love me for me, through my happiness with life.

I've found that I'm much more happy in the past 3 months than I've been in a long time simply because I'm doing everything that makes me happy no matter what can . . . so I'm going to go all out next year :heart:
  • dandes
    dandes Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    1. To continue being healthy
    2. To continue with my Yoga routine, it has helped me tremendously with my patience.
    3. To take more time for myself.
    4. To drink less wine.
    5. To pursue my education.
    6. To drop a dress size.
    7. To reach a higher performance level of downhill skiing this winter.
    8. To take my Personal Trainer course.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    1. To be more "zen" - no more yelling at people on TV or complaining about my husband's loser friend...it does no good anyway.
    2. To stop volunteering for things that will just make me feel resentful later and instead find something I deeply care about to devote my time to.
    3. Get up the nerve to go to a ballet class. I took ballet for many many years before I gained weight and I used to love it.
  • brittyboo07
    brittyboo07 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My resolution is to start getting actively involved in things that matter to me. I have been that parent that sends treats to school or helps with the craft projects at home, but I don't go to the classroom that often. The same goes for my husband's work--I'm always willing to participate in things from the house, but I don't go to any unit functions or get to know the people he works with. So for 2013, I want to get out and get to the class room, the company, church functions, etc so that I can start really becoming involved!

Love this!!! Hey I am on the committee for Relay for Life of Montgomery County if you want to get involved with Relay let me know!
  • brittyboo07
    Options
    other than losing the weight for health issues....another one is to be a mom...tear*

I hear ya girl. One of the reasons I am losing the weight is because we want to have a child. I know it is physically possible to have a child at my weight but really why would you want to? I mean you are opening yourself and your child up to so many physical & health issues. So I am going to lose this weight and hopefully in the next year or so we will be able to start "trying" to have a baby!

How many children do you want?
  • brittyboo07
    Options
    This is probably going to sound weird but I want to stop being lazy. I tend to complain there are not enough hours in the day to get everything finished. Well what about the 3 hours of tv you watch at night? Hello! So for example tonight during commercials i got up and did the dishes. Guess what... they are done and the kitchen is cleanish lol. So I want to change how I do things. These learned habits need to be broken! Now I'm not going all crazy and not watching my shows anymore but I do want to be able to get things done that need to be done! Maybe I should invest in a DVR lol.
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    [/quote]

Let's start with one...but I really want twins boy/girl
  • brittyboo07
    Options

Let's start with one...but I really want twins boy/girl
    [/quote]

Oh my goodness! Im scared to death that if/when we do have kids I will have twins! They run on my Moms side of the family and they are supposed to hit my generation and none of my cousins have had twins yet lol.

I wish you luck in this awesome goal you have!
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Mine is to get a job!
  • murphette2
    murphette2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    We are getting deep this morning. lol. That's a good thing. Its not just about a number on a scale.

I want to be able to let go and not feel such regret that I made a mistake last December and left a job that I had worked at for 7 years for the one I have now that I hate every day. I want/need to drink less wine. I want to be a less judgmental person
  • arikag
    arikag Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    1. To continue my workout routine: exercise 6 days a week, 3-4 cardio days and 3-4 days of weights
    2. To increase my flexbility
    3. To put myself out there more and develop some new friendships.
    4. Take the Spinning Instructor Certification course
    5. Continue to diary my food intake with MFP
    6. To do one race/event per season
    7. Only 2 "cheat" meals per week!
  • HaylzNZ
    HaylzNZ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have 2 resolutions for the New Year.

1 - to stop emotional eating
    2 - to stop being so hard on myself when things don't go to plan or I have a bad day/week.

they really merge into one I think. I have a tendency to get really upset with myself when I don't stick to the plan i.e. overeat/gorge on food, and punish myself. Which in turn leads to emotional eating.

So really - its to cut myself some slack, accept that things don't always go to plan but just pick up and keep going (without eating)