How is your Tuesday Going???

Options
It's been pretty quite here lately - give us a status update....how are you doing with this challenge? Can you believe it's been over 20 days??

Replies

• Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    im really not sure how long its been for me..cuz i know u started before me. but you guys have really helped. you all provide me with extra motivation. i see how well everyone does and i dont wanna be left out. also i know all the praise and support i receive from everyone. Thanks Crystal for creating this group and letting me be a part of it. :)
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've lost 6 pounds total in the 20 days, so I'm pretty thrilled about how it's going! I think the important thing for me is that the group keeps me on track even when I have off days. It gives me a long-term perspective, because it will undoubtedly take me a year or more to lose the weight. And I really appreciate the encouragement and all of the new friends!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I am having a lot of pain relief wearing my compression tensor when I'm on my feet for a long period of time. I am slowly regaining my strength and mobility in the injured knee which has me encouraged. The swelling has also almost stopped (which is helping my eight loss.)

I'm not sure that I will reach my initial goal of hitting 190 by the end of 2012, I have 5 weeks, which at the rate of .5-1 pound per week lost will put me at just below 200 but it's still in the right direction.

I hope that I'll be able to start doing a bit more in the coming weeks in terms of exercise, even if it's just walking on the treadmill, I really miss the energy boost that cardio gives me.
  • nre820
    nre820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I've been having a pity party the last few days... work has been stressful and I've been getting stuck at both jobs most days... this has made working out difficult-not impossible, but I've had trouble making time/planning for it... not to mention family stress... all of these things have caused me to stress eat and my scale hasn't moved.. except going up a pound...

Today is the day I take a step back, take a deep breath and start over. Time to get myself out of the dumps!

Hope everyone is having a better week! Thanks to all who've been cheering me on!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I stress eat too, and guilt eat...well, you get the idea.

You have the right mind frame though. Deep breathe, one step, then another and soon you'll be back into a clearer state of mind and your healthy habits will follow.

Life happens - and we are all learning to adjust our lifestyles so that they don't derail us completely, but there will always be bumps and twists and detours, it's getting back to the main road that is the short-term goal.

I hope that the stress eases up for you.
  • nre820
    Options
    Thank you... yeah, it's just been a rough week or two... but it's almost done!
  • IamNhappy
    IamNhappy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    So far so good, kinda stuck with these 2 same ol pounds but hopefully it'll break before the week is up.
  • stephyw2001
    stephyw2001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been stepping up the exercise. The weight loss has been slow, but I think its happening. I'm feeling better, and getting through my workouts without getting winded as quickly as before. :-) I'm happy with my progression, even if I don't hit the goal!
  • lizziej78
    lizziej78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love this group! I think I'm only down a pound since I started, but I've made some good gains in motivation. I have been to a spinning class THREE times in the past two weeks :)

Today I have a project I'm still working on, so I should stay late, plus an elderly friend to visit after work, plus I've been too busy to eat so I'm feeling low energy and I wanted to get my 500 cal burn in.....what to do????? too few hours in the day.
  • lizziej78
    lizziej78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good luck- take that deep breath, know that you've been doing a great job, and tomorrow is another day!
  • nre820
    Options
    Thank you!