Planning Wednesday!!!

Options
So....it's one day before the "BIG" day! Are you making a plan for tomorrow? Do you know what you're going to eat or are you just going to throw caution to the wind. I think you have to decide what's best for you - either way is ok, in my opinion, as long as you go into it knowing what you're going to do. Make a plan and stick to it....then you won't be upset with yourself when you lay down to go to bed tomorrow night. :-)

My family is getting together and we're making some side dishes and maybe an appitizer. I plan to search high and wide for some recipes that will accomodate me! I know there will be plenty of "bad" choices, so I'm going to bring some good choices to the table. (Literally - HA!)

I am going into the day with a plan. I want to eat LOTS of turkey & veggies...that's it. If I "cheat" it will be with a little bit of green bean cassarole b/c I LOVE that. I don't think I'm going to have any mashed potatoes either. I've really thought this through, and for me, I'm at a place where I have some real goals and one day of indulgence could throw me off course. SO - I'll make a Thanksgiving dinner when I hit my goal...if I feel like I really need it. I'm going to ensure that this holiday is all about seeing my family and being Thankful for all the blessings that God has given to me; not about food.

What are you going to do?

Replies

• nre820
    nre820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm turkey trotting in the morning, that will help me start my day off on the right foot!

I am going to sample a little bit of everything tomorrow, but I am going to stick to small portions. Luckily, we'll be having lots of veggies at our meal and that will help!

I will partake in dessert, but again, small portions. Luckily, we have people who love leftovers, so we can send a lot of stuff with them.

Next week the hubby and I are starting the Daniel Fast to go along with some serious prayer and meditation before the holidays. This is going to be super hard, especially this time of year, but it's nice that we are doing it together. And it will definitely help us focus on the important matters of the season.

Happy Thanksgiving, All!
  • lisadekk
    lisadekk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I "fell" into a lower "decade" , as you would call it Crystal, this week losing 12.3 lbs so far and I am very excited about that!

Our family Thanksgiving dinner is on Friday this year and thankfully I only have one meal this year instead of 3 or more. I am going to do portion control and make healthy choices. I am going to make a yummy lettuce salad for a side - my husband says I am crazy, but it is what I love - my feelings won't be hurt if I am the only one who eats it. I am going to be a setting plate short for our gathering but I have come up with a plan - I am going to use a salad plate for my lettuce salad and another for the rest of my meal.

I am also going to keep up with my workouts Thursday and Friday and maybe even on Sat and Sun. This holiday season is going to be a time of loss for me not gain...you all know what I mean. So, that's my plan and I am going to stick with it.

Let's go team!!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving all. May you have a blessed time with family - giving thanks for the bountiful blessings we have.
  • nre820
    nre820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am going to be a setting plate short for our gathering but I have come up with a plan - I am going to use a salad plate for my lettuce salad and another for the rest of my meal.

^^^ I always eat my main meals off of a salad plate instead of our dinner plates, it helps with portion control :)
  • cougar1976
    cougar1976 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lucky for me our Thanksgiving in British Columbia, Canada has come and gone. However, I wish a wonderful Thanksgiving to all my fellow neighbors.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Our Canadian Thanksgiving has come and gone....so I'm Thankful that I have one less thing to think about tomorrow in terms of eating/planning.

That said, I am planning on doing a couple of small chickens, roasted in my crock pot. Served wtih fresh steamed green beans, and a sweet potato and apple casserole....so it may as well be a Thanksgiving meal at our house too!
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am also Turkey Trotting in the morning to help start off on the right foot. :) I will sample everything I love but smaller portions than I normally would. I am also making the meal this year so the Green Bean Casserole will use fat free and reduced fat ingredients, the butter I am using is the Smart Balance blend that has no trans fats and the cresent rolls will be reduced fat, as well. Definitely not calorie free but every little bit helps. :) My husband and I are also starting a Holiday Running Challenge that we read about recently, you run one mile every day from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day. You can run or work out more but you have to do at least a mile every day. Thursday will be 3.1 miles with the Turkey Trot so we are starting off right. :) Good luck to everyone!
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've got my run scheduled for the morning!!!

Then I will also be a "sampler" at our lunch tomorrow! A little bit of everything and I will drink lots and lots of water!
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My hubby is working nights this week so I'm making dinner before he goes to work. He requested baked bbq chicken so I know I wont be overeating:)
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    planning to go to the gym as soon as i wake up, play some videogames, watch football, then its TURKEY TIME!!