Low Carb Porridge or other breakfast ideas

Options
Has anyone got any ideas for breakfasts as I am getting a bit bored with bacon, eggs, omelettes every day and really would like some filling easy alternatives - thanks in advance

Replies

• Trace281264
    Trace281264 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt & strawberries? Ham and cheese rolls? I love both x
  • Ivy_leaves
    Ivy_leaves Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Atkins bars. They're so yummy. :3
    I'm not much of a breakfast person unfortunately.
    Have you tried Dieter's Delite bread? Depending on your carb goals, it's really good. 10 net carbs for two pieces.
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    3T Chia
    1/2T hemp hearts
    1/4 toast buckwheat...kasha...its not really a grain despite the name
    1/4T toasted seasame seeds
    1/4T ground flax

Add about 8-10T warm water...let sit to gel..or put in microwave for 30 seconds.

add stevia, vanilla, cinnamon to taste...a bit of cream if you want...or serve over yougurt with berrie,mdepending how low carb you are

The mixture looks like bird seed...but has a nice nutty crunch and pleasing texture

Google Holy Crap...skinny B cereal..this recipe is based on that
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My fave:

Doggy's Dream of Wheat

3/4 cup serving:

3 T whey protein powder
    3 T flaxmeal (or 1.5 T seeds, ground)
    1.5 T unprocessed wheat bran
    1 T erythritol (or your choice of sweetener)
    1 T Splenda or flavored syrup (coconut's my favorite)
    salt to taste
    1 cup water

I make it over the stove. Much better. Put all the dry ingredients in, making sure there are no clumps. Add water slowly, stirring. Turn the stove on and stir frequently once it starts to boil. It'll get thick fairly quickly (like Cream of Wheat). Put in a bowl, add 1 T coconut milk or cream or butter. Add other stuff, if you wish.

To make chocolate, add a T (or less, actually) of cocoa.

From Fitday, without additions:

Total Fat 7.88g
    Carbohydrate 10.59g
    Dietary Fiber 8.25g
    Protein 19.2g 38%
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • noojim
    noojim Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm quite lazy in the mornings, so I tend to just go for some full fat greek yoghurt with linseeds and a coffee with a spoonful of coconut oil.
  • danni_l
    danni_l Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I get bored of the usual breakfast stuff so sometimes ill have left over dinner for brekkie just to mix it up.
    Yesterday I had kangaroo mince with avocado and scrambled egg - delicious!
    Today Ive got nuts and pork scratchings.
    Or I might have a protein shake for brekkie and have some cured meats for a mid morning snack.

I just have more lunch or dinner kind of foods for breakfast, or spread smaller snacks out through the morning, that way you can have a bit more variety and avoid the eggs - I OD'd on eggs last week so Im trying to avoid this week :)
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love a good coffee coconut smoothie made with lots of ice, strong brewed coffee, chilled coconut milk, some protein powder and a raw egg. You can add some stevia for sweetness, almond meal to thicken if necessary and other additions such as cinnamon, flax or chia seeds or 1/4 to 1/2 a ripe avocado add a nice touch.

Primal Toad has some great smoothie recipes:
    http://primaltoad.com/coffee-smoothies/
    http://primalsmoothies.com/recipes/
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am lazy to make eggs every morning. I got this recipe from a MFP friend and I love this. I bake some egg white quiche and the weekdays and it tastes great.
    Here is the recipe-
    1) liquid Egg whites 1/2 cup (9 tbsp). (I use Wilcox organic egg whites from costco)
    2) NF/LF cottage cheese 1 cup
    3) spinach 1 cup (sauteed)
    4) deli ham/turkey or ground cooked turkey or any other meal - 2-3oz

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all the above in a baking dish and bake for 35-40mins in the middle rack. (Optional - If you like, you can sprinkle some jalapeno cheese on the top and bake for an additional min or two). This makes 4 servings for a meager 74cals/serving.

I double up the recipe and make 8 servings and have this for breakfast everyday.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Some of my breakfast favourites:

Bulletproof coffee--google the recipe, or there could be one here in the low carb forum. Not sure, as I'm new.

Full fat greek yogurt with fresh berries

Smoothies--I use raw eggs, protein powder, fresh or frozen berries, coconut milk, handful of fresh spinach

Frittatas--google for tons of recipes

I often eat dinner leftovers for breakfast if I'm pressed for time and don't feel like cooking. I also enjoy variations on the BLT--BLT with romaine lettuce leaves as "bread", homemade paleo mayo. I also like BLTs done as salads, and will make a little paleo mayo/dijon dressing to have with it.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I want to try the bulletproof coffee!

Don't feel like you have to eat breakfast foods! If I don't feel like eggs or a protein shake, I eat leftovers. I had cooked ground beef topped with salsa and avocado the other day, it was good!