Why is the group so passive ? :)

Options
Hello Everyone ,

Hope all of you are doing great . I was super excited when I saw this community but then I see that not much is happening here. Just thought it will be nice to get a small thread going here ?

So - what inspires each of you to keep going everyday and to keep on track ? For me it's the fact that this is probably the first time in life where I am trying to be pretty disciplined with both diet and workouts ( Btw ...I blew it today by going for an Indian buffet - but that's fine I kind of it made up for it in the gym) . Hope you guys are having a great weekend so far.

Cheers
Srikaanth

Replies

• khebudkar
    Options
    Dear Shri
    Maybe everybody do not want to share setbacks
    Weight watch is such a activity it fails many times and wins are few
    Especially when Diwali is round the corner

But this is most dangerous time as sweets of Diwali easily increases weight and it is a nightmare to reduce the same

Wishing you a fit diwali
  • PepperRocks
    Options
    I was hoping to see some nice success stories.. some great indian receipes and tips! Yeah, you are right. The group is passive .. may be not many Indians on this website!
  • srikaanth
    Options
    Dear Shri
    Maybe everybody do not want to share setbacks
    Weight watch is such a activity it fails many times and wins are few
    Especially when Diwali is round the corner

But this is most dangerous time as sweets of Diwali easily increases weight and it is a nightmare to reduce the same

Wishing you a fit diwali

Thank you sir .Hope you have a very happy and healthy Diwali as well :):)
  • srikaanth
    Options
    I was hoping to see some nice success stories.. some great indian receipes and tips! Yeah, you are right. The group is passive .. may be not many Indians on this website!

Well few of us are here and it's a start ...:) . So what plans for Diwali ? Lot of sweets today or going easy on them ? I have a Diwali lunch coming day after tomorrow at work .So danger times ..ha ha :)
  • PepperRocks
    Options

Well few of us are here and it's a start ...:) . So what plans for Diwali ? Lot of sweets today or going easy on them ? I have a Diwali lunch coming day after tomorrow at work .So danger times ..ha ha :)

Deepawali went well. Its impossible to avoid sweets .. Sure have eaten plenty of kajus katlis and dry fruits :) .. Havent weighed myself for a week now .. Keeping my fingers crossed .. Hope you had great fun :) Keep in touch!
  • yogeshsarkar
    yogeshsarkar Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Tried very hard to resist eating sweets this Diwali and mostly succeeded as well. In fact I didn't gain weight this time around and actually lost some!

Looking forward to seeing more activity in Indian chapter of MFP.
  • agamy4
    agamy4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just discovered this group! Feel free to add me.
  • Primamd
    Primamd Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Tried very hard to resist eating sweets this Diwali and mostly succeeded as well. In fact I didn't gain weight this time around and actually lost some!

Looking forward to seeing more activity in Indian chapter of MFP.

Hey nice to see some activity on this group - so thank you Srikaanth!
    I think we should all celebrate small victories - like not putting on weight at Diwali - Yogeshsarkar.
    I don't seem to really lose weight - but I have lost inches and I feel so much better.
    My hairdresser has agreed to cut my hair short for the first time in so many years, because it doesn't look so bad now.
    Small victories - that is the real motivation. Let's celebrate them all!
  • srikaanth
    Options
    Hi All ,

So it's the holiday season both in India and the US . It's thanksgiving here and I am trying hard not to give into the wonderful deserts and pies you get here . On a positive though , I have been keeping up with my workouts inspite of some little niggles and an extremely stressful time at work.

I have set myself a small target to hit before New years and I am hoping I can achieve it :) .

@Yogesh and @Primamd ...Awesome job :):) .Nice to see you folks here and yes...here's to the little victories in life..all the ones that add up to something big .

Cheers,
    Srikaanth
  • aparnathampi
    Options
    :)
  • srmreddy1
    srmreddy1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good to watch indians on MFP , i am in MFP from the past three months and it is amazing , hoping to see more indi:smile: ans
  • pratimaram
    pratimaram Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I just joined the group today. I would like to start to get this group more active! Anybody interested in joining ....... please feel free!

We can start by posting starting weight, current weight, and desired weight. I'll start.

Starting weight (SW) - 155 lbs
    Current weight (CW) - 140 lbs approximately. I have been fluctuating these last couple of weeks.
    Desired weight (DW) - 130 lbs. I won't go too low!! :wink:

Pratima
  • FabnFit2013
    FabnFit2013 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    thanks for the thread Srikanth - i just joined today....have a 20lb goal. hoping to get more active...will be starting the Jillian challenge this weekend...ooh time for the dvd to come out
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I just joined the group today. I would like to start to get this group more active! Anybody interested in joining ....... please feel free!

We can start by posting starting weight, current weight, and desired weight. I'll start.

Starting weight (SW) - 155 lbs
    Current weight (CW) - 140 lbs approximately. I have been fluctuating these last couple of weeks.
    Desired weight (DW) - 130 lbs. I won't go too low!! :wink:

Pratima

hi,

your goals and mine are quire similar.At 5' 2'' I feel I will look good at 120 pounds...All the best