ONLINE TOOL TO TEST BODY FAT

Options

Replies

• Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I wish this online assessment was accurate, because if it was, that would me I reached and surpassed my goal for body fat percentage.
  • deadliftfan
    Options
    It says I'm 10%. Clearly not accurate.
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Just joined this group. According to the calculator I've got:

22.7% body fat.

26.1 Pounds of fat and 88.9 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water)

My problem areas are my butt & thighs. I've been thin my entire life but never, ever exercised, and now at 30 I'm left with a droopy, flabby butt to prove it. I'd love to get a nice, perky butt again, tone my thigh & my stomach. My stomach isn't actually too terrible, but if I eat or drink anything at all it bloats up so I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that if I tone it more it will help that issue.
  • sweetlady705
    sweetlady705 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great! Need to do this and figure out where I'm at. Really want to focus more on getting fit & toned, since I already have the diet part down. I've lost approx. 90lbs. total, but my body is nowhere near what I want it to look like.. Still flabby!! Definitely implementing a workout plan after the holidays!!!
  • alanray81
    Options
    I tried that website link and this is my result:

You have 16.5% body fat.

You have 22.3 Pounds of fat and 112.7 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).
  • lizaiza79
    lizaiza79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You have 25.5% body fat.

You have 45.4 Pounds of fat and 132.6 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

It's pretty close according to the BIA scale I checked in on last week (28%). And calipers have me at about 26%
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    current bf% is 23.2% . . . . looking to get down to 18%
  • msmil
    msmil Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It was pretty accurate for me. It measured me at 28% and I was 26.6% when I had a BF test done at my gym. That was before Christmas so it makes perfect sense for me to be fatter now.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have 16.6% bodyfat ( seems rather low)
    10.8kg of fat and 54.2kg of lean

quite happy with this although i am determined to really tone my problem areas!
  • calisunrise
    Options
    18%
    not sure how accurate is this
  • bekah1301
    bekah1301 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Mine says 20.3%. Not sure how accurate, but if I use the same tool to measure body fat in a couple of months it'd be nice to see it go down!
  • tibsons_girl
    tibsons_girl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You have 18.6% body fat.

You have 25.3 Pounds of fat and 110.7 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

I'm not sure if that would be accurate.. seems a bit low to me. I'm happy if thats true though :smile:
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You have 19.8% body fat.

You have 24.6 Pounds of fat and 99.4 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

Checked on Sunday with calipers, and I have approximately 15.5-16% body fat, not 19.8%. Ah well, such is the issue with using online measuring tools. Next to a water displacement test, calipers are a better tool to use. Not to say that you shouldn't measure yourself, because that is how you find out where you grew and shrunk!
  • sarahharrison77
    sarahharrison77 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did mine and I dont like it. 29.3% body fat ( 34.2 Pounds of fat and 82.8 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water). How can this be? I dont understand?? I am currently TOO skinny (or so everyone says and am trying to gain) but how can I be made up of nearly 30% fat?

Grossed out and confused!!!!!!!!!!!
  • amandastoller
    amandastoller Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have 24% body fat.
    You have 31.4 Pounds of fat and 99.6 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

YUCK!
  • blueboxblues
    blueboxblues Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You have 14.4% body fat.

You have 16.3 Pounds of fat and 96.7 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

This isn't far off from my calipers. For everyone whose results seem wonky, there's an explanation in the beginning of the test saying how people who are athletic or skinny & unfit (plus some other examples I think) might have kind of weird results.
  • Motria
    Motria Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You have 27% body fat.

You have 35.9 Pounds of fat and 97.1 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

At age 42 and after two kids, I'll take it!
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You have 18.1% body fat.

You have 34.9 Pounds of fat and 158.1 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

My goal is 15 % - still have a way to go .
  • jking5207
    Options
    I will have to do the at home test this evening and see what it says. Last Friday I set up an appointment at my gym to get my body fat %. After doing all his pinches and calculations it came out to be 32% YIKES was I in shock!!! I am 5'8.5 145lbs size 6/8. His comments were...."you are tall and slender just a little soft" haha oh gzzzz. So I'm trying to get a little bit more solid and fit and not so "soft". :)
  • sunnysweetpea
    sunnysweetpea Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm sure this isn't accurate as it has me at 22.6% body fat. I'm sure I'm much nearer 28% at the moment. Carrying some weight round my stomach, this calculator didn't ask for waist measurements?