It has been 2 weeks. Is it normal?

Options
Kuritaki1
Kuritaki1 Posts: 32 Member
Ok It has been 2 weeks since I am doing 2000cal of 40 % carb, 30% fat, 30 % protein. I still struggle with my protein intake. But I was amazed how much I felt better after night shift. I used to feel so dead after nightshift (because I did not eat enough just 1200 cal). I am now 1 pound down regardless of eating 2000 cal. (I ate 1200 cal previously for a year). But is it normal to loose weight? I thought I was suppose to gain some at first,,,

Replies

• trkinsley
    trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Have you calculated your TDEE? You probably need more calories.
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I went down a couple of pounds the first two weeks or so, and then I gained about five over the next few months. I've recently gotten back down to original weight (goal weight) and gained some muscle to boot! My TDEE is 2000 and I eat between 1700-2100 a day.
  • Kuritaki1
    Options
    I went down a couple of pounds the first two weeks or so, and then I gained about five over the next few months. I've recently gotten back down to original weight (goal weight) and gained some muscle to boot! My TDEE is 2000 and I eat between 1700-2100 a day.
  • Kuritaki1
    Options
    That helps me. I lost another pound this week. I am trying to increase protein, but it has been hard. I guess I will start increase weight the next 5-6 weeks or so.
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    That helps me. I lost another pound this week. I am trying to increase protein, but it has been hard. I guess I will start increase weight the next 5-6 weeks or so.

Increasing the protein was definitely the hardest thing...getting rid of so many carbs...I found that protein shakes and bars really helped...Eating that many calories was very difficult....sure didn't feel like eating....especially protein...but eventually our body adapts and now I sure get hungry if I'm not fuelling my body properly!!
  • Kuritaki1
    Options

Increasing the protein was definitely the hardest thing...getting rid of so many carbs...I found that protein shakes and bars really helped...Eating that many calories was very difficult....sure didn't feel like eating....especially protein...but eventually our body adapts and now I sure get hungry if I'm not fuelling my body properly!!

I am on the third week, and what you said is very true. I was very hungry today because I did not eat enough protein yesterday. Thank you for your comment.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how active you are, how much of the other stuff you ate (high sodium foods, high carbs).. Eating more and doing high calorie burning workouts may have pushed your body into a stage where it can lose, and a change in diet is said to help as well.. You may start gaining, or you may continue losing.. I would wait another month to make a decision on what to do depending on what your goals are.