Week One!!

Options
kotersmom
kotersmom Posts: 96 Member
Getting back into that routine is so hard! So I came to this group when it was time for my workout this morning and read some of the introductions and realized I wasn't alone and there is motivation here. I'm off to do my workout!

This will be a rough week with Thanksgiving, so please keep posting and let's keep each other positive! Don't know about the rest of you but I definitely need that PUSH!!

Replies

• rhoades716
    Options
    I am glad that the group is working to help motivate those that just need that extra little push. To be honest, I needed a little push this morning myself to get out of bed and do my Fit Test. I pushed the snooze button twice and then finally got my butt out of bed because how can I help motivate other people if I can't motivate myself. I too, read some of the introductions that got posted while I was away and realized that we are not just a group, we are a team!

Did you have to say Thanksgiving? LOL. I think I will be able to definitely get my workout in, but the eating is going to be the hardest part for me. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

Great Job today and just keep it up, we are all here cheering for everyone!

Adam
    Don't Just Push Play, Push Each Other!
  • kotersmom
    Options
    Plyo done and it kicked my butt!

Progress not perfection!!
  • rhoades716
    Options
    Just wait till tomorrow morning. I am going to love the mornings after my workout just to wake up, roll on the floor out of bed, attempt to pull my socks and shoes on, just to do it all over again.

2 months of my time, to change the rest of my life.

Great Job! I am looking forward to doing Plyo in the morning.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    How long is the video for Day 1. Someone is asking me but I have my dvds and info at home but wanted to give her an answer. I'm thinking it's 40-60 min. Can anyone tell me?
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    it was 41 minutes =)

Did it this morning too, week one here as well. Kicked my butt! Loved it though!
  • aj_31
    Options
    it was 41 minutes =)

Did it this morning too, week one here as well. Kicked my butt! Loved it though!

Thanks I was thinking it was around 45 min max.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 and I did Pure Cardio this morning. To be perfectly honest, I didn't push myself as much as I should have. I find that I workout better at night but I had to work out this morning due to prior commitments. Just like all the other videos, Pure Cardio is insane! I HATE level two drills but you keep pushing through the pain and sweat!

Keep digging deep everyone! You're doing great!
  • rhoades716
    Options
    I'm on week 2 and I did Pure Cardio this morning. To be perfectly honest, I didn't push myself as much as I should have. I find that I workout better at night but I had to work out this morning due to prior commitments. Just like all the other videos, Pure Cardio is insane! I HATE level two drills but you keep pushing through the pain and sweat!

Keep digging deep everyone! You're doing great!

You know what I have to say about your post? GOOD for you! And I don't mean that in a negative way at all. You had prior commitments for the time that you normally work out and instead of just saying, Oh I will just skip a day, you took it upon yourself to change your schedule to fit Insanity in. Great Job!
  • kotersmom
    Options
    Day 3 of Week 1

Time to get up and do Power and Resistance...having a hard time getting out of bed tho. I am realizing that the stress in my life has really taken it's toll, more than I wanted to admit. So yes I absolutely need this for myself right now...just had a very bad night and it makes everything seem so pointless this morning. Ya know that whole "why even bother" attitude. But I can't allow the stress of my life control me. I cannot control anything in this life but myself and its time to take control.

Sorry about being whiney this morning. I'm getting up! I'm gonna do this!
  • rhoades716
    Options
    You better get up and get out of that bed! I am sorry to hear that you had a bad night and that you are stressed right now, use your workout as an escape for the next 45 minutes and just free your head. You know you can do it, and we all know you can do it as well.

If you wanna talk about things, just message me. We are more then just a team, we are a family and emotional fitness is needed to be all around fit and healthy as well.
  • kotersmom
    Options
    Thank you! I got up and I did it! I feel better...I'm not going to give up, I'm gonna push through and do this!
  • rhoades716
    Options
    Great Job! I had no doubt at all that you would not go and get it done. You overcame a hurdle this morning, feel proud of yourself! :smile:
  • lao482
    lao482 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

2 months of my time, to change the rest of my life.

Love this quote Adam! Definately motivated me this morning to get my butt in gear! Thank you
  • aj_31
    Options
    I've done day 1 and day 2 and I want to die. OMG why is this so hard!! I feel like I've never worked out in the last 3 years.
  • Beckyloo80
    Options
    I've done day 1 and day 2 and I want to die. OMG why is this so hard!! I feel like I've never worked out in the last 3 years.

I have done day 1, 2 and 3! Crazy! Love it. I have been active for the last 15 months and then I do this and feel out of shape =)

WE can do this!
  • rhoades716
    Options
    I agree with everyone saying that they feel so out of shape when they do Insanity. The thing that keeps me going is seeing these people with completely ripped bodies have to take a break and walk out of view of the camera. You can even see it in their faces when they come back from their water breaks! I love it! Keep it up everyone! We got this!

BTW, when he yells, does anyone else yell back or is that just me? LOL
  • aj_31
    Options
    I would agree that seeing those people out of breathe and having a hard time with it is comforting. I do yell at the TV. I tell Shaun T to F off and I say many other things. LOL!

Today I should have done Day3 but I could hardly walk when I got out of bed. I decided to take today as a 'rest' day and I'll pick it up tomorrow.
  • emily_bird
    Options
    RE: Yelling

I'm not a person that often swears. When I was doing it the other day , I found myself saying " bloody hell" and the next minute, this came out of my mouth "bloody buggering hell and hades'. I startled myself with that one.
  • Staceyp76
    Staceyp76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Week one is almost over for me and all I can say is WOW!!!! This program is truly insane. However my pants were feeling loose in the butt area so I took my measurements this morning and seriously I am down 1.5 inches.....I can't believe it.....
  • Beckyloo80
    Options
    Week one is almost over for me and all I can say is WOW!!!! This program is truly insane. However my pants were feeling loose in the butt area so I took my measurements this morning and seriously I am down 1.5 inches.....I can't believe it.....

agree, this is insanity! I have lost 2.2 lbs this week, and it's from the workouts. i am eating more then I was before (pretty clean) and i weighed in this morning to go from 147.4 to 145.2......... I hated pure cardio, thought I was going to puke...... did the best I could and was pouring sweat! I was a skeptic.... now made a believer!