so...how do you feel its going?

Options
We are a good few weeks in now and wondering how people feel the if is working for them. I fast from evening til lunch (though have a coffee) at least 4 times a week, usually more and I find it really manageable. I am also trying out eating more to weigh less and whilst I have not lost loads yet, its definitely a downward trend and I haven't felt like I am on a diet at all. Nothing off limits so no stress and no bingeing! (well, once after a stressful morning...) what does everyone else make of the experience?

Replies

• girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i fast everyday normally do 14/10 or 16/8 depends on when I get hungry. My weight is bouncing around the same 1.5lbs at the moment but BF% is slowly decreasing so thats what I'm focusing on. I like IF as it suits my natural schedule, always hated forcing breakfast down my throat because thats what everyone says you have to do to. So glad i found out about IF on MFP :happy:
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've been juggling a bit with incorporating one or two days of 5-600 kcals but I'm not quite there yet because I've switched up my workout days from week to week and I need to eat more on those days. But other than that - it's definitely the best choice I've made since deciding to lose weight about three years ago. It makes it so easy for me to stay at my kcal goal, I've got more energy, no more snacking mindlessly, I can actually feel full and on less food, my food choices have improved, I always work out fasted without feeling any downsides to that - and my IBS is nearly non-existent despite all warnings that IF might worsen it.

My next step after the 500 kcal days will be to alter my eating pattern during weekends and when I've figured that out I'll have a set-up that I can follow indefinitely. (Yes, I'm a planner. It gives me great pleasure every time I can go to the next step of my plan... :drinker: )

A toast to all IFers :wink:
  • SlickDaddyCool
    SlickDaddyCool Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It's been a total bust for me. Not the IF it's self. Just my commitment to it. I'm still a firm believer it will show amazing results. I just have to stick with it.

I'm not giving up!
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    When I work it --it totally works and for me ---that's doing it every day right now for weight loss phase 11am-7pm plus one to two days 500 cal--and of complete fast ---then I see results!
  • abfab_sweetie
    Options
    I am thinking of trying the one day on one day off program of IF. Has anyone else tried, or is, doing this? Is it OK to workout on the 500 cal days?
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of trying the one day on one day off program of IF. Has anyone else tried, or is, doing this? Is it OK to workout on the 500 cal days?
    Personally, I have no problem working out on fasting days. Actually, it feels easier to do a low-kcal day when I work out! Kinda funny but it feels better.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving threw me off my stride. My plan is to fast until 5pm. Since thanksgiving I've had difficulty making it much past noon most days.
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm doing great. IF has been the best tool I have to drop my weight.
  • sphommavanh
    Options
    my style is 16 H AND 8H buffet window skinny guy looking build muscle one day at a time. Been doing IF All my life going un-noticed two meals each day and night. IF got its benefit with HGH and energy from Adrenalin rush. The human body is amazing. Noticing what you take a learn and listen what the system does.