Think I've had an epiphanie

Options
jaz050465
jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
Think I maybe wrong to worry about walking a few extra steps during the day and getting a Fitbit. I'm within my healthy weight range and not much to lose so probably need to put the emphasis on upping my exercise. So going to look at getting a HRM instead. It's difficult taking advice from people who have a lot to lose as things are different for them. What do people think?

Replies

• nisha0612
    nisha0612 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Same with me, i have maximum 10 pounds to lose for my dream body... i am around 125 pounds now, 5"3. I have a polar heart rate monitor with chest strap and I love it. It shows you clearly how much you have worked out, breaks down your exercise so you see how much of it was fat burn. So now its more about me trying to sculpt my body, its a slow process, lots of heavy weights and HIIT, but i love it :D
  • JenMcCrory
    JenMcCrory Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    When you get to this stage its all about reducing body fat. When I started I was just outside normal bmi but my body fat was bordering on obese at 32% so this is what I am concentrating on. I am already down to 26% just doing body revolution. This means I have lost more fat than my ticker weight loss and I am much more toned.

Body fat is where it's at!!
  • jaz050465
    Options
    You're right. According to my scales it's 36%. Difficult to measure that accurately though.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you just need to move more, so fitbit would work fine. If you are going to concentrate on body fat, you need to do weight bearing exercise/resistance training which can't really register on an HRM or a fitbit and some cardio wouldn't hurt, particularly HIIT cardio for which the HRM would be good.

I have a BodyMedia Fit which tells me what I burn just doing my daily stuff, plus can give a pretty good idea what I burn the rest of the time. Lost a bunch of body fat and a bunch of pounds. But it depends on what you aren't doing. If you are not moving much, just get something that encourages you to move more. If you are worried that you aren't getting your heart rate in the right zone to lose, then get the HRM.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Thanks. Need to shake things up a bit. Thanks for your advice b