New to the Night

Options
Hey guys,
I've just finished Uni for the year and have taken on a second job as a night mail sorter. I'm not sure how to best organise myself as Ive got the below hours.

Day Job: (lunch 12pm)
Monday: 12pm-5pm
Tuesday: 8:30am - 5pm
Wednesday: 10am - 1pm
Friday: 8:30am - 5pm

Night Job:
Monday to Friday: 1 or 2am - 5 to 6am

I was thinking about going to sleep around 6 or 7pm and waking up at 12 or 1am.
Working my night job and going for a walk before going to my day job.

Meals are something I have to work out. I'm thinking:

Breakfast before night job
Snack/2nd Breakfast after walk
Lunch at 12pm
Dinner (light dinner) in the afternoon.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? And please let me know if I've got the wrong idea.

#Note: this is only a short term position.

Replies

• daniel7121
    daniel7121 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

Glad your night job is only a temporary position! Such little sleep could have a negative effect on your health, as well as hinder any weight loss you might be trying to achieve. I find that it's easiest to split my food into time frames. Take a look at my food diary if you'd like (I think it's public). Good luck!
  • Looby47
    Looby47 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've just returned after a bit of a relapse hence my negative weight loss. Daniel, you've got your diary hours set out like mine, in times rather than meal names, and I take it past midnight too as when on nights, its as if its the same day really whilst at work.
  • Andymarie1
    Options
    Hi Everyone, my name is Adrienne and I am finding it very difficult to start this weight lost journey. I was wondering if you had a few pointers? I work two jobs and i am PRN at both. So my problem is I have no set schedule and a lot of times I work overnight into the next day. Here is an example of my schedule from last week Mon - 0700 - 150 0 - 1600 - 2400, Tues 1500 - 2300, Wed - 1500 -2300 - 2400 - 0800, Thurs - 1500 - 2300, Fri - 0700 - 1500, Sat - 2400- 0800, 1500-2300 and Sunday off.My schedule is neve going to be tha same anytime soon. How am I supposed to figure out when to eat the right anount of calories? I am not sure if you have the same challenges as I do with your schedule butany words of advise would be greatly appreciated !

Thankyou !
    881832 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi night crawlers
    I work for a plastic manufacturing company, 6pm-6am. About half the year I work days and the other half nights. since recently going back to nights I have put on ten of the twelve pound that i had just lost, in a little over a months time. I feel like a zombie all the time, half asleep / half awake,and when I finally do wake up one loud step will wake up my one or seven year old. My eating schedule is really messed up also.Hopefully u will have different ideas to get back on track