New to Callanetics!

Options
Hi, I just started the Callanetics Evolution. I am really excited about it. How are these exercises working for everyone?:happy:

Replies

• kazala
    kazala Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just bought this dvd off amazon. Am looking forward to trying this. I rememer my mum doing it in the living room when I was little lol
  • emily_bird
    Options
    I've done Callanetics Evolution and I loved it! I'm taking a break from Calla at the moment, as I'm planning on trying a few other programs and following their programs properly.However, I probably will throw in the odd session of Calla for relaxation. I love how it tones the entire leg. I highly recommend this program. Fo results, I recommend doing at least 3 hour long sessions a week. That will help you improve and is a good amount to maintain your results. The more you do it, the better and quicker the results!
  • kmiller916
    Options
    Hello! I'm new-ish to Callanetics as well....I'm starting again after having done this as a young adult. I know it isn't going to burn calories, but for toning and shaping, it can't be beat. I had a pair of the best legs I'd ever seen on anyone when i was doing Callanetics regularly from ages 16-21. Of course, I was already in great shape then, so my results will vary this time around.

I'm looking forward to meeting more Callanetics fans, and also discussing which cardio programs you do along with Callanetics, if any :)
  • emily_bird
    Options
    I was mainly doing cardio a few weeks ago and researched whether to do cardio and Sandra Hanna (main instructor of the Evolution series) says that you MUST do cardio as well. She recommended either some form of running or walking or to at least do the Cardio Callanetics. I was alternating between Callanetics and either Zumba or my Elliptical machine. I tried to split it 50/50, but that was out of preference. Try for at least one of your workouts to be cardio.
  • kmiller916
    Options
    Thanks! I definitely will do that. I have the Turbo Jam series; I can do that a few times a week. I'm not really in a good routine with either yet, but I'm getting better with it. Love your user pic, Emily_bird!
  • emily_bird
    Options
    Thanks! I definitely will do that. I have the Turbo Jam series; I can do that a few times a week. I'm not really in a good routine with either yet, but I'm getting better with it. Love your user pic, Emily_bird!

Thanks !

TJ sounds perfect ! You can even just do one session a week if you want. The main thing is that you're on the right road. ;)
  • kmiller916
    Options
    Work is getting so so SO busy (retail), so I may seriously be able to only do it once per week. Though I am aiming for more. I feel wonderful when I work out, but making myself do it is probably 90% of the battle.
  • emily_bird
    Options
    Work is getting so so SO busy (retail), so I may seriously be able to only do it once per week. Though I am aiming for more. I feel wonderful when I work out, but making myself do it is probably 90% of the battle.

Don't worry, just do what you can. We all get busy times in our lives that can throw us out.It's just out of our hands! The main thing, is that you're trying to do what you can that you're getting you're mind ready for it.
  • kazala
    kazala Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ooh great other people doing Callanetics! I'm still doing mine & love it. Try to do it 2-3 times a week and I do cardio twice a week. I mix up my cardio & do either Zumba, Leslie sansone, taebo, a walk or old skool Jane Fonda aerobics which I love.
    In fact, I'm loving a the old skool 1980's routines at the mo haha

Do you guys do the modern versions of Callanetics or you do the older ones?
  • emily_bird
    Options
    Ooh great other people doing Callanetics! I'm still doing mine & love it. Try to do it 2-3 times a week and I do cardio twice a week. I mix up my cardio & do either Zumba, Leslie sansone, taebo, a walk or old skool Jane Fonda aerobics which I love.
    In fact, I'm loving a the old skool 1980's routines at the mo haha

Do you guys do the modern versions of Callanetics or you do the older ones?

I've got the original which created the sensation and I did that a few years ago.Now, when I do it, I use Callanetics Evolution as it's the latest and because they put all of the most effective moves in it. I've seen other Calla devotees mix the videos up.