Get to Know Me (and you!)

Options
Hey everyone, so I really want this to be a place where we can support each other and be proactive in our weight loss journey together. I thought it would be good to do a quick post maybe where we each tell a bit about each other... both the good and bad! So, I will go first!

I'm 24 and work full-time in a school as well as go to graduate school part-time. My semester of classes ends this week, and then I have six weeks off before my next semester starts. Thank God! Ever since college, my weight just kept getting higher and higher. About 4 years ago I dropped 30 lbs with Weight Watchers, but over time that number got back up to where it was, and now I am officially at my heaviest. Sometimes I don't notice the weight, until I catch myself in an odd angle in the mirror or photo. Maybe that's because in my youTube videos I control the angle and lighting... haha.

I've come to the realization that I am at my heaviest and have such an issue with being healthy because... simply put, it's work. My life is swamped with stuff for work and classes. The idea of having to do more work for something as simple as eating is such a turn off. Or at least, it was. But this is my life. And if the job and work disappeared tomorrow, I'd still have myself. It's about being healthy, and not feeling way older than I actually am.

Along with all that jazz, I like to have fun! I have a very dry, sarcastic sense of humor. I love going to the movies and having just relaxing nights with friends and family. When I'm not at work, at school, or at one of my little sister's many athletic games, I am surfing youtube and pinterest.

I look forward to getting to know all of your better too!

Replies

• pawprints86
    pawprints86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 26, work full time, going to school for my bachelors, have my own small cosmetics business, and altogether have zero time in the day! =) Glad to be back into the swing of things after taking a bit of a break from the site. So excited to get started! Exercise is a turn-off for me, and monitoring what I eat seemed like such a chore! This site though makes it entirely too simple. ;) I love how I feel when I do monitor these things, and exercise, so...why not do it??

I'm at my highest weight ever, too...or I was recently. Just got terrible, out of control. I'd be eating fast food (because, let's face it...it's fast...lol) for nearly every meal for awhile, and it SHOWS. Recently signed up for exercise classes, and made a commitment with myself too to also walk a couple miles twice a week, so...we'll see where this leads me! I don't mind the weight so much as the FEELING of being unhealthy. Can't wait for this to go away!! Glad to see there are others out there like me, makes this feel less like a secret confession, and more like a place to get support. ;)

Love meeting new people, and learning what works for them, too! Glad to meet everyone! =)
  • SafiyaBWG
    SafiyaBWG Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 18 and just began a post-secondary course in business and trade. I began MFP at my heaviest because I didn't feel good anymore being overweight.
    Idon't want to be skinny, but, let's face it, double chin does not look good...
    I hope I can help you, and you can help me back :)
  • lovemybabes9709
    lovemybabes9709 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! 6ft & 248 lbs...high BP, low blood sugar, out of breath just walking the mall. :( I just really want my health to improve. I don't care if I am super skinny, I just need to be able to play with my kiddos & get healthy.

Army wife, mom of a teen & a toddler, lover of books & makeup!

I am in school finishing my last few pre-reqs so I can transfer to Nursing school. Took 4 classes this semester and I am really swamped with work. I really want to get healthy but always have homework or kids stuff going on...I know they are excuses but really good ones. LOL! Hope to get some motivation here!! :)
  • tabsellers
    Options
    Hi. I am 18 years old and a few weeks away from finishing my first semester in college. I don't really care how much I weigh. I just want to be healthy. My main goal is just to be able to walk up a flight of stairs without being out of breath.
  • ayanaty17
    Options
    Hello everyone I'am a mom,wife, and student and right now Iam at my heaviest I want to lose this weight and keep it off right now. It is very hard for me right now but I love a challenge
  • chelseabuns88
    chelseabuns88 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and a bit of a latecomer to life.. I spent a huge chunk of my teenage years being severely depressed, gaining weight and not really knowing what to do with myself.. I worked full time from the age of 16 but I always knew I wanted to get a decent education.. I just didn't know what to do. I started an access to university course last year and am now in my first year of uni studying psychology =)

Though I've always been overweight, in the last couple of years I've been gradually gaining weight and getting less and less active, thanks to a change in job.. With my new routine I have the opportunity to get more exercise and eat better and I'm really motivated.

I'm not too worried about numbers.. but I'd love to feel comfortable with my body.. at the moment I have extremely low self-esteem, I never go out in public without being covered up, trousers and long sleeves.. I really miss swimming, I used to love it and I'd love to get back in the pool in the not too distant future.

Nice to meet everyone!
  • alyssarayalden
    alyssarayalden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!

I'm 21 (turning 22 in 3 weeks) and I am 5' 7" and 317lbs. My short term goal is to be under 300 by New Years and long term is just to be happy and healthy. I have always been overweight but I'm at point in my life where I know that if I don't do anything to change it soon it will keep getting worse and worse until its too late. I currently work fulltime but plan to go back to school after a year long break in January.

I was sort of a late bloomer when it comes to beauty stuff and I never really took too much interest in it until college when I joined a sorority but for the past year I've been slightly obsessed which has only furthered my want to lose weight - not so much for size reasons but for the fact that I feel like I'm starting to really take care of myself and I want to take care of myself in all aspects.

So that's a little about me! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully we cann all help each other reach our goals! :-)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a 22 year old college senior. I'm getting my major in nutrition, and this site really helps me translate what I've learned in class into practical knowledge! I'm also trying to lose a little weight I accumulated over the years. Most of all, though, I want to get in better shape than I've ever been-run faster, lift heavier, and all that!

I joined this group because I love playing around with makeup! I learned everything from youtube since I came from a family where all the women are tomboys. I'm all for getting down and dirty, but I love dressing up too <3
  • pawprints86
    pawprints86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say it was really nice reading about everyone's goals and I know this is a good group where we can really focus and help each other on our journey! Nice to meet all of you! :)