Keto and chewing gum

janbez
janbez Posts: 37 Member
I'm having a hard time staying in keto, even when carbs from food are under 25 a day. I lost a lot of weight about 12 years ago with a ketogenic food plan.. I recently quit smoking and use nicotine gum for support. I have not been counting it. Could this be what is slowing me down or just age?

Replies

• SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Regular gum usually has around 1 gram of carb in it. I guess what you should do is find the nutritional value of the nicotine gum you are chewing, it might be what is throwing you off.
  • gnr123
    gnr123 Posts: 173
    Regular gum usually has around 1 gram of carb in it. I guess what you should do is find the nutritional value of the nicotine gum you are chewing, it might be what is throwing you off.

OMG really, I actually didn't wow I could easily eat a big tub over a couple of days..

Ending this NOW
  • This could just be a phase while your body detoxes. But some sugar alcohols and 'sugar-free' /sugar substitutes can stall weight loss.
    Just do what you need to do to quit smoking. Get your Macros, drink plenty of water and the rest should work out.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    it could not be the gum at all but actually the quitting smoking. when you quit ( as healthy as it is to) it actually throws your body into hormonal imbalance which make it harder to lose weight.