New to Group

Options
meche60
meche60 Posts: 4 Member
Hi My name is Mercedes, I have an on and off Fitnesspal member, but it has helped me quite a bit, I have currently lost 122 lbs, was 128 lbs, but I kind of staggered away. I plan of losing those 10 or more hopefully by Christmas. Luck to everyone, lets keep losing. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• VikkiGettingFit
    Options
    Wow, Mercedes! That is really inspiring. I've been up and down a lot in the past but need to stay on track. I think this group will help.
  • laurie09s
    Options
    I just joined myfitnesspal this month and have lost about 5lbs...i started out 132.5lbs and am currently down to 128. My goal weight is 110. This is the first group I have joined and I cant wait to get connected with everyone and get some new diet and exercise ideas! good luck everyone : )
  • Liveformiracles
    Options
    Hi, I am Laura. I just joined and am looking to go from 150 to 130 hopefully, ten pounds by christmas may not be completely do able but I would like to try to get as close to that as I can.
  • Heather_RT
    Heather_RT Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just gained about 3 pounds from Thanksgiving, so I am very motivated to reverse that problem and lose 10 pounds by the next holiday. It is very ambitious -- but I have done it before, I can do it again. I am going to try the "Fat Smash" diet again -- it's worked for me in the past. It's usually a great kick start to weight loss. (I once lost 7 pounds in about 10 days). I don't believe super fast weight loss is sustainable, but I am looking at this as - again - a kick start to longer term, sustainable loss. Cheers!
  • lmfsmiles
    lmfsmiles Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm Lisa...I've been up and down for that 10 years, but recently the last 11 has been the most successful. I've change how we eat and exercise more. I was doing great until Summer hit. I really want to close this year well. Looking forward to the motivation and focus this group will give me.
  • robinr515
    Options
    Hi, I've lost 32 lbs. since Aug, but still have a long way to go. I got on the scale the day after Thanksgiving to see how much I'd gained, and was delighted to see I'd lost a pound. I'm going to work extra hard to lose more than 10 lbs. by Christmas, because I'm currently at 213, and it's my goal to be under 200 by New Year. I don't know if I can do it, but I'm certainly going to try.
  • neen6270
    neen6270 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    To Heather_RT ~ I have never tried the Fat Smash diet, but have just been reading about it online. I want to try phase one starting tomorrow so any advice or support would be great to jump start my 10 pound loss by Christmas. The hardest part is giving up diet fountain sodas....I drink a lot of it!