So what do y'all do for exercise?

Options
chelle_fri
chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
Let me see some routines people! I want to know what everyone is doing to meet their goals and be healthy. I'm doing Insanity right now, and before that I had this awesome list I created.

Stretch and warm up first!
30 Jumping Jacks
20 Squats
30 Bicycle Crunches
10 Push Ups
60 second Arm Circles
30 Second Plank
20 Walking Lunges
30 Windmills
30 Hip Thrusts
10 Dumbbell Rows (chair w/lbs)
15 second Plank
60 second Flutter kicks (pulses)
30 squat & arm extensions
60 second mountain climber
10 Push Ups
60 Tricep extensions (30 each)
60 second Wall Sit with bicep curls

Repeat 2-3 times and go longer in each set if you can

Cool down and stretch after!

Replies

• ErinGBragh
    ErinGBragh Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm only doing cardio (2x a week walking or hiking for 45-60 minutes...45 on the treadmill, 60 if outside, 3 x a week doing the crossramp (it's an elliptical with a ramp) at 45 minutes). I will probably stick with just cardio until after NYs as we will be gone for 9 days between Christmas and NYs and I won't have access to a gym (so I don't want to start a weight rountine and have to forgo it for that time). I may start doing weights and toning (or something like Insanity) after we get back.
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Right now not too much. I occasionally use my stationary bike, or do Yoga, or kickboxing.

10 minute solutions Yoga is on You tube, I recommend trying it out. I will probably get the disc soon though.

I will be starting work with a personal trainer in January, as well as doing some group fitness things. (I entered a weight loss contest with a chance to win $500 :D)
  • erinmbrown13
    erinmbrown13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was restricted from doing anything the past couple of months, but now that I've gotten my health back in order I am restarting using my gym membership. I will be going 6 days a week. 5 days of strength training and cardio and on the 6th day only cardio. I am planning on trying to get my gym time in before I go to work in the mornings so I will be getting up at 4am starting tomorrow. I know I'm going to hate this at first, but once it's routine I'm sure I'll have success with it.

So keep your fingers crossed for me that I don't wake up on the grumpy side of the bed in the morning, 4am comes awfully early!
  • PinkP1971
    PinkP1971 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok, my workout routine thus far that I'm doing is helping me to loose the fat! I'm loosing the weight my friends!! Soon, I'll be incorporating weight lifting to tone and tighten!! But for now, here's what I do daily when I go to the gym....

Of course the stretching comes first!!

45 minutes on the treadmill...
    I start off going at 3.0 mph for approximately 15 minutes....I get my heart rate up and then I increase my speed to 3.3 and 3.4 mph for the majority of the workout time, and then I decrease my speed to 3.0 mph at the last 10 minutes of my workout. I do my workout routine on the treadmill on the "Fat Loss" workout session where the resistance goes from 1 up to 4 throughout the workout. I keep my heart rate up to atleast 138 bpm (beats per minute) and my maximum heart rate at 150 bpm.

28 minutes on the elliptical (2 mins of cool down)...
    I do my workout on the elliptical on the "Weight Loss" workout session where the resistance goes from resistance 1 up to resistance 8...I also keep my heart rate up to atleast 138 bpm and my maximum heart rate is around 153 bpm.

25 minutes on the bike or I'll get back on the treadmill for 25 minutes at the end.

I drink a whey protein shake with about 20 ounces of water immediately after I finish my workout.

(Usually when I workout at the gym daily, it's in the evening around 7 or 8 pm, so after my workout is done, I don't go and eat a meal, because by the time I get back home from the gym, its around 9 pm and I'm showering and laying it down in the bed getting ready for work the next day. So, I try to get my workout in in the evening, that way what I have eaten that day, all of my total calories consumed, I burn atleast half to the majority of the calories I have eaten that day on my workout....)

To get u to where I was and my 40/50 lbs Challenge, on New Year's I was at 210 lbs. Today, I'm at 205.5 lbs with my workout routine!!!