Introduce yourself here

Options
Jfearn64
Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
My name is Jeff. I am 48 years old. I am a married father of two teenage boys. I am an avid golfer and ex military (Navy). I recently completed P90X classic. I lost 16 pounds and got down to 10.3% body fat. It was a great program and exactly what I needed at the time. Now I am ready to put some muscle mass on. I have never been a big muscular guy, and I'm sure I won't be after 90 days. But I hope to have a good start!

I am a Beachbody coach and love to help others and have other like minded friends to push me along during those times where I am not as motivated as I need to be. I am just beginning Body Beast and would love to have the support of those of you who have completed the program once already or well into the program. I am new to this program but we will all learn from each other as we go and support one another so we can achieve our best results. If you are reading this, welcome, I'm glad you found my group.

Replies

• jar41yo6m
    jar41yo6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating the group.

So far I've lost 45 pounds, 29% body fat to around 11% now. I finished Insanity after losing 40# because I was worried about an injury stopping my journey. I'm 6' and 170 lbs and looking a little sickly, especially when I wear my old clothes. I've reset my goals based on the ideal body size based on my wrist diameter. Waist down I'm in the range, upper body needs some work.

Yes I know, Tyler from Fight Club will not like me comparing myself to the Ideal. However, a guy has to set some reasonable goals somehow.
  • dabascom
    dabascom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good evening! My name is Daphne. I'm a 46 yo Beachbody Coach and an IFBB Figure Competitor. My goal is to make improvements in my physique over the next 3 months using the Body Beast program. I enjoy connecting with others both to help them with the program and to learn with/from them. I make some unconventional modifications to the standard Beast program so my log will be interesting to follow :-). Thank you for creating the group and I look forward to working with y'all.
  • ice826
    ice826 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Daryl. My interests are varied. I am a 56 year old cancer survivor. I have 4 children. I pastor a church and ride motorcycles. I have been in the martial arts for more than 40 years. I am retired and love to cook and workout. I recently broke my ankle but am anxious to get back to my workouts. My primary fitness goals are simple - improve my health, lose love handles, develop a six pack, improve my lats, traps, and upper chest. I hope to be back in the gym on a limited basis next week.
  • c4z101
    c4z101 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Caz. I am 30 and live in Chicago.
    Today is day 1 of week 2, BULK phase! I am loving this program and am hoping ultimately to lose fat and build muscle. My day 1-30 pics showed quite a change in my back/shoulders which is great.
  • ShawnDMuth
    ShawnDMuth Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Great to see all the Body Beast people on here! I completed Body Beast already and truly had great results with some very nice muscle gains(for example 1.5 inches gained on my arms). This time around I will do a hybrid version which will include more cardio and yoga. Today will be Day 1! This is my favorite workout ( I have also done P90X and P90X2).
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Caz. I am 30 and live in Chicago.
    Today is day 1 of week 2, BULK phase! I am loving this program and am hoping ultimately to lose fat and build muscle. My day 1-30 pics showed quite a change in my back/shoulders which is great.

Feel like posting them here? Would love to see the results to get me motivated.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Good evening! My name is Daphne. I'm a 46 yo Beachbody Coach and an IFBB Figure Competitor. My goal is to make improvements in my physique over the next 3 months using the Body Beast program. I enjoy connecting with others both to help them with the program and to learn with/from them. I make some unconventional modifications to the standard Beast program so my log will be interesting to follow :-). Thank you for creating the group and I look forward to working with y'all.

Took a look at your photos. Very Impressive physique. Congratulations on all your hard work.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Hello. My name is Daryl. My interests are varied. I am a 56 year old cancer survivor. I have 4 children. I pastor a church and ride motorcycles. I have been in the martial arts for more than 40 years. I am retired and love to cook and workout. I recently broke my ankle but am anxious to get back to my workouts. My primary fitness goals are simple - improve my health, lose love handles, develop a six pack, improve my lats, traps, and upper chest. I hope to be back in the gym on a limited basis next week.

Welcome to the group, glad to have you. Must be tough with the injury. I took a week + off after P90X and it was driving me nuts not working out. Glad to get back to it today. Will be anxious to hear how you are progressing.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Thanks for creating the group.

I've reset my goals based on the ideal body size based on my wrist diameter.

How do you do this? I haven't heard of that.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    @Jfearn64..I don't think it was the end all to beat all but I rather enjoyed the website. I'm goal driven, no goal....no drive. LOL

Check it out if you want, it isn't a very organized website though:

www.ideal-weight-charts.com/ideal-body-measurements-for-men.html

It had quite a range for "ideal", I selected the one for hard gainers to set my goals. It seems rational to base my arm size on a ratio of my wrist size than just to plan on 24" hulkster pythons.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    what is up everybody! im glad im not the only on watching what i eat to bulk up rather than lose weight! ive lost my weight now i wanna get in the best shape possible and at 20 years old its the best time to start. a little about me im a college student going to school monday-friday and i work on the weekends so very little free time but i still find time to work out 5 days a week and make sure i get all my protein!
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Beasts... my name is Paul and I am 42. I have done a few rounds of P90X and took on Insanity this past spring to help lower my weight and bf%. Started Insanity at 225lbs and around 16% bf. At the end of Insanity I was 200lbs and around 10-11% bf. As much as I love ( no really hated Insanity, LOL) I so missed lifting the weights, I was just about to take on P90X2 when I started hearing about Body Beast and decided to take that on. Within the first week I had found my favorite workout program! I've been doing my best to follow the diet plan and log everything. Switching to the bulk phase and raising my calories to a daily 3500 calories took a bit of work and about 2 weeks in to really nail it down. It was then a bit of work still when I had to switch things back for the beast phase. So far I am really pleased with my results, I have raised and been able to maintain my weight at 210lbs all while my b/f has been around 9-8.5%. I am already planning on repeating Body Beast but with a hybrid in mind and adding in some more cardio and ab workouts.

Good Luck All!!
  • fernandocontreras24
    Options
    Just joined the group. I'm finishing insanity this month and will start BB 2/1/13. Super excited about starting.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Welcome Fernando. Congrats on finishing Insanity, the beginning of the second month about crushed me. You'll enjoy the the change up.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've completed Insanity and P90X programs.
    I'm starting Body Beast today.,,,

I'm not sure if I should use an HRM like the other programs... I do find that i burn a lot even with weights...mostly leg workouts..pump me pretty hard.... So maybe I should

Any advice?

Thanks
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    I'm not the guy for HRM advice, but welcome to the group.

I've never owned one, but I always wanted better estimates on calories burned. It would have helped dial in my calorie needs better I'm sure.
  • ShawnDMuth
    ShawnDMuth Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've completed Insanity and P90X programs.
    I'm starting Body Beast today.,,,

I'm not sure if I should use an HRM like the other programs... I do find that i burn a lot even with weights...mostly leg workouts..pump me pretty hard.... So maybe I should

Any advice?

Thanks
    You will not need the HRM. The leg workouts make Plyo look easy- you are warned! lol
  • EPhinn
    EPhinn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Eileah and I just turned 30 a couple months ago. I have two beautiful children. I have been really into fitness the last couple of years, but was recently on a medication that made it impossible to workout. I've been feeling better and decided to go all out and start Body Beast so I could get back in shape. I started today, and am doing the Lean Beast schedule.

In the past I have done Chalean Extreme and Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. It's nice to stay along the lines of the heavy lifting as I see the most changes in my body that way. I only have a few pounds to lose, but could use more muscle to shape my body the way I'd like it.

My one difficulty that I have with any fitness program is lupus. It can makes things a bit harder, but I push through and do what I need to do to be fit and strong. I look forward to getting through this program with all of you. I wish you all luck, and hope you see the gains and losses that you want!
  • intotennis
    intotennis Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'll try to give you a short version: I've battled my weight most my life and in 2009 after hitting my high of 187+, I joined WW and lost about 60 pounds. I had gained a little back the next few years when my hubby introduced me to P90X. We both completed P90X in Nov 2012 and had wonderful results; at 54 yo I never looked or felt better! I took a few weeks off and tried Brazil Butt Lift but it wasn't for me. I found and completed Chalean Extreme, I enjoyed the workouts but, unfortunately didn't follow my nutrition plan as well as I should have and I lost some muscle definition and put on 5 lbs. I've been struggling with getting back into it due to my Mom who has dementia and a lot of drama. I started Body Beast a few weeks ago and only did one week but, I realize I need to focus on me and will start again this Monday. I'll be joining my (wonderful) hubby who started his 2nd round of BB last week so I'll pick up with him. Please feel free to friend me as I could use all the motivation, butt kicking I can get!

Have a great day, Sheri
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Welcome Sheri,

I wish I could get my wife to do Body Beast! She does really well exercising and eating then falls off the wagon and around and around she goes. I've tried walking with her to keep her in a routine, but with 5 kids, jobs and weather it is really hard to provide support and motivation. Actually she is the one who got me exercising a year ago by making me walk. Over the long term she has lost about 20 lbs in a year, so I am proud of her for that.

I'm sure you will do well.