Sometimes this is hard

Options
ukgirly01
ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
I've been primal for around 3 months now (with the odd small trip up). This morn is hard- my other half is eating toast, I'm resisting but god it smells good. Just wanted a bit of a rant about it to stop me caving in.

Replies

• meghanner
    meghanner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel that way I make myself a big batch of coconut flour pancakes :) Beats toast any day.
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am having a really hard time now too!! My daughter made spice cake :( I just bought a bunch of food that I can eat (but it all takes preparing) I am so grateful for the support here <3)
  • tracy1344
    tracy1344 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It does help with the bread cravings if it's not in the house. My heart goes out to you that have to sit at the same table with foods you are trying to avoid. :(

Udi's makes a good gluten free bread. It's not something I'd have often, but nice for an occasional sandwich or bit of toast with ghee. I keep a loaf in the freezer for my kids. I seldom (maybe every couple of months) have a slice. I used it to make our gf stuffing and it was wonderful.
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Today marks the end of my 2nd week of eating paleo. It hasn't be to bad so far, except when my hubby is sitting beside one at his computer eating a giant bag of sour candy.

Going to the movies and not getting a giant thing of diet coke and popcorn was weird, but it was kind of nice not having to pee 1/2 way through the show!
  • sethandjane
    sethandjane Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel that way I make myself a big batch of coconut flour pancakes :) Beats toast any day.

Would you mind sharing please? I only have a recipe for almond flour pancakes and they were so-so.

Thanks!
    Jane
  • digitalalchemy
    digitalalchemy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I tried a paleo bread recipe made out of almond butter, and if you fry it in some butter, it tastes just like bread. It does have a nutty flavor, but I used it to make some grilled sandwiches and it is yummy ! It is a little expensive to make, and if it is just you eating it, I would suggest cutting it up and freezing it....it will mold after a week or so.
    Here's the recipe
    http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2012/10/15/too-good-bread-and-almost-paleo-bread/
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Would you mind sharing please? I only have a recipe for almond flour pancakes and they were so-so.

Thanks!
    Jane

I use this one : http://paleopancakes.co/paleo-pancakes-fluffy-coconut-flour-pancakes
    minus the honey (I use stevia powder to lower the carbs) and they're really nice with some defrosted/heated mashed frozen blueberries drizzled over with some thick fridge-set coconut milk/cream. * Drools* I also sometimes add some coconut flakes to the mix.
  • luckylilypants
    Options
    Yup, sometimes it is hard. I ate traditional turkey stuffing and gravy made w/ wheat flour on Thanksgiving. I am still paying the price with grogginess, bloating, and heartburn. One the days that it is hard, I try to remember how bad this feels EVERY TIME I stray.
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I live with two non-primals who would die without their morning toast fix and it smells so good when they are cooking it.
    I caved in the other day and had some - it was good but even better was the reminder of why I don't eat that way. Left me feeling bloated and blah for a couple of days. Not all that glitters is gold ;-)
  • GnaBean
    GnaBean Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yup, sometimes it is hard. I ate traditional turkey stuffing and gravy made w/ wheat flour on Thanksgiving. I am still paying the price with grogginess, bloating, and heartburn. One the days that it is hard, I try to remember how bad this feels EVERY TIME I stray.

I, too, try to remember how disgusting and awful I feel when wheat sneaks in. If I accidentally eat something, I get foggy brained, sometimes headaches, usually I get exhausted and need to take a nap, and my joints will hurt the next day. So for me, that's motivation enough to eat the right things. I also try to focus on HOW MANY great choices I have to eat! I've experimented with so many great recipes that I sometimes feel guilty knowing I'm eating well and never feel deprived!