How did week 1 go for everyone?

Options
I have been making excellent meal choices and working out like crazy. I am hoping it pays off!! I have not weighted-in because I've decided not to weigh-in until December 31st!! I want to focus on making excellent choices and working out. I do not want to focus on what the scale reads -- I definitely feel that the scale has the power to discourage me, therefore, it is hidden and out of sight :). Keep up the great work everyone!!

Replies

• divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    It went great for me! I sticked to my plan, I included my cheat day, logged everything,weighed everything, i felt great all week. Exercise went great except on thursday, when i couldnt strength train because i was so sore from running on sunday.

I did everything as expected. i'll weigh myself tomorrow but it looks like the scale won't show any progress at all. It's been almost 10 days with no visible progress but who knows? I might get surprised tomorrow.

Keep up the good job you're doing great!
  • cdiele
    cdiele Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My weigh in day is tomorrow, but I feel like I've have a great week so far....
  • KamalBhai
    KamalBhai Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It was a good week for me. I lost 1 kg. :)

It further motivates me whenever the scale shows some reduced weight of mine. :)
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I weigh in tomorrow, but I don't think it went as well as it could have gone, alot happened this past week.
  • Avason
    Avason Posts: 37
    Options
    weigh in tomorrow, probably haven't lost too much weight even though I've been doing great in terms of calories. Ive started strength training and I'm pretty sure my chest and arms alone grew a few sizes, so muscle weight is probably going to replace some fat weight.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I've done well in calories, even though to most people my food choices are not that great. But at the current rate I will make my goal and have done so comfortably which is my long term goal.
  • JDavis352
    JDavis352 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well to be honest i'm slightly discouraged. I'm not going to let it stop me though. I started Insanity and today is day 8 and also my weigh in day. I have gain instead of a loss. I am hoping it's water retention and will give it another week to see. If not I need to change up something, just not sure what?
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Well, I feel as though I controlled myself a little bit better over the holiday than I normally would have~ so that's a plus! I am just happy to be making healthier choices in general, whether it is to exercise or watch my cals! I think it will help me more during this month of eating and chaos. I am feeling optimistic that I will stay on track and I am eager to see where this leads over the next 5 weeks! I know I need to kick it up a notch if I want to get to my New Years Eve goal, I am just debating over my exact plan!

I hope all of you continue to kick butt! It's great to hear about all of your success :-) as well as hearing that everyone is human! It's all quite encouraging!
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I think this week went well for me all things considered. Since starting the challenge I've raised my calories about 200 per day, started to exercise more strenuously, and it was, of course, Thanksgiving. That's why I've taken measurements, too-- if I don't reach that 10lb goal, hopefully I'll be down a good amount of inches from the exercise and that can balance it out.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Honestly one of my worst weeks in a long time...I've been rather emotional. Hoping its temporary!
  • HaylzNZ
    HaylzNZ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    In spite of 2 parties to attend I think week one went really well for me. I managed to lose enough weight to stay on target, and also made a few new friends in here.

Week 2 however is one day old and already one of the worst (stress related) week's of the year. Sitting here with 70 calories left in daily target with HUGE desire to munch crap food and trying to resist until i'm tired enough to sleep through it. Ugh.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Very happy. I lost though i ate heaps of chocolate...will try to be better ib the junk food area this week. Now in the 50s59 kg. Started at 70. At this rate i could at maintenance by christmas!!!
  • brittyboo07
    brittyboo07 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am happy with my week. One of my main goals was to make good choices as I left Wednesday and traveled all day and was out of town until last night. We ate out i think every meal as well. So that is a challenge in itself. I did manage to weigh in yesterday just to see how I was doing. I was up .2 and I was ok with that. I made sure I got all my water in yesterday (even though that meant a few extra pit stops on the way home!) and today I was not only down the .2 i had gained but an additional .2 I was just hoping to maintain my loss from last week or maybe even add to so I will take the additional .2 lbs that I was down and call it a victory!
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself this morning and it was just as I feared: not a single gram lost. But well, it'll be a matter of time until i lose the next chunk. I can't do any better, i'm eating quite clean, it might have somethin to do with my hypothyroidism, who knows...
    I'll keep on working hard at it, hopefully i'll see that my weight stays the same but my muscle % goes up and my fat%goes down.

You're all doing awesome! Keep it up!

;)
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning and surprisingly I didn't gain, but I didn't lose either, I maintained, which for everything I ate, and didn't do a lot of exercising last week, I'm shocked! Hoping this week will be better as I have a little more time on my hands.
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Going back to my hometown is always tempting - so many yummy places to eat. I did indulge but I kept up with my Jillian MIchaels Body Revolution even in the cramped space at my inlaws. I held at the same weight but feel pretty bloaty after all those carbs.