Hello. My name is Tammy and I'm addicted to...

Options
Hello! My name is Tammy. Mom to 4. (an angel above, 19, 14 and 11) Married to Tim. Tim is an over the road truck driver. My oldest son, Zack is in his second year of college. I cried when he left and got his own place near campus. James (14) is my jumping bean. He will be doing hurdles in track this year. Brooklynne (11) is the sweet and sour patch kid.LOL! Did I ever have that much attitude? My angel above is Brittany. She was stillborn as a result of a car accident (91) I was in when I was 7 months pregnant.
My step dad passed away of cancer (2 years this April) On his death bed he told me I needed to get my weight under control cause when u r obese you are at higher risk for certain cancers. I had lost 74 pounds.
But I let the stress of handling things turn to food controlling me, when my dad was killed in an animal attack.Will be 2 years in May.
Handling his death and the estate and everything brings out the best in families. NOT!! Besides losing my dad I lost my 2 brothers when they did not get their way with the handling of the estate.I don't think it is that hard to understand that the estate has to be deal with things certain ways (legally) not how they want it dealt with.
In the last year I have realized that I'm alot stronger than I give myself credit for. Now I just need to show it when it comes to eating and exercising. If you could get skinny watching exercise dvds I would be a stick. lol.

I want to become an active and healthy mom for my kids and upcoming grandkids.I was not able to do certain things with my kids cause of my weight. Zack was a football player and I could not play ball with him. James was a soccer player and I could not kick the ball with him. Brooklynne did Girls on the run and did 5Ks and I could not do those with her.
How am I gonna be able to do anything with my furture grandkids. Will I even be alive for their births?
If you are looking for a supportive fitness pals, here I am.
I

My Inspirations
•My family and myself.

Replies

• wychwych
    Options
    Hi Tammy,
    I have sent you a friend request. I am looking for mutually supportive friends who understand how difficult it is to keep motivated when trying to lose a lot of weight. I am an emotional eater and will turn to carbs when things get difficult.
  • Flutterby6
    Flutterby6 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Life is tough, hang in there!:flowerforyou:
  • Bertie02
    Bertie02 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request.

I find myself messing up all the time. I'll have two or three good days and then suddenly I mess everything up. Or I do good in the morning and dinner is a disaster.

I personally am looking for the moment that I get tired of being overweight. I had it before and lost 60lbs and was really motivated and was feeling great. I lost my motivation and have not been able to get it back, even after gaining the weight back.
  • clewis628
    clewis628 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Sounds like you have had a rough couple of years. Kudos to you though, for taking control and starting this journey!